Popular Tags: [View All]
Jacob Williams
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For the cards that tell you to place units separately when possible, does that mean:

A) if it's not possible, then it's ok to place them together or do you lose those units?

B) Does separately mean "alone" when possible? For example, if I have units existing in a territory and a card says place X units separately when possible, can I place one of those units in a territory where units already existed as long as I don't place them with the other units granted by my card?

Thanks,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ladson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A.

Take the card literally. So if all the valid spots are so that separately is not possible, then double up in the valid spaces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Chris
Japan
Kanagawa
flag msg tools
I'm no expert on the game but we play it that separately ... means those units should not be placed in the same territory, but there can already be other units already in there. However, there must be 4 or less units because you can't add a unit to a territory that already has 5. They don't have to placed in an empty territory if you don't want to.

... when possible means if there are not enough available territories (either the rest have already been taken by the enemy, or they already have 5 units in them) then you are allowed to put two of those units in the same territory. In an extreme case of only having one territory open and empty, you could put all the units in there if you had no other option. (in this case you sound like you could use all the help you can get!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Williams
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick replies!

I re-read the rule book, and it looks like you guys are dead on for my part A.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.