Subject: Unconfirmed Kill and Rout Checks rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
beresford dickens
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Does a Vehicle currently marked Unconfirmed Kill cause the enemy to take Rout Checks? Or is the Unconfirmed Kill status resolved at this point since the Vehicle is being 'used' to frighten the enemy?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron A
United States
Coronado
California
flag msg tools
badge
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet-Gen. Mattis
mbmbmbmbmb
beresford wrote:
Does a Vehicle currently marked Unconfirmed Kill cause the enemy to take Rout Checks? Or is the Unconfirmed Kill status resolved at this point since the Vehicle is being 'used' to frighten the enemy?

Pretty much the only case the rules cover is that units with unconfirmed kill markers CANNOT spot for artillery. Considering there is an 87% 50% chance they are, in fact, dead, I don't think they would be so intimidating that they could cause enemy units to rout, but, YMMV.

I would think that you or Jim are the ones to issue a ruling on this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
beresford dickens
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It's Jim's game-system, all I can do is counsel him against things

BTW where do you get the 87 per cent, UK is a 50:50 proposition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron A
United States
Coronado
California
flag msg tools
badge
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet-Gen. Mattis
mbmbmbmbmb
beresford wrote:
It's Jim's game-system, all I can do is counsel him against things

BTW where do you get the 87 per cent, UK is a 50:50 proposition.

D'oh! I saw 1-5 was a kill, and my brain is hardwired for D6, not D10. My bad. That makes it much more iffy, as regards your question.

Where is Jim, anyway? Guess with the holiday weekeend we won't get any answers until next week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Ahhh....my misspent youth...
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Where is Jim, anyway?

Jim has been desperately trying to keep up with life....

While I can think of an argument against it, they do NOT cause route checks. That really is to just keep it consistent with the artillery spotting rule.

I've added a note to my marked up copy of the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.