Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey fellow geeks :-)

Just played a two person game of Royal Turf and ended up tied at 3850 a piece! The version I have is German, and the hacked English rules I have do not mention this, would someone please tell me if the Winner's Circle version covers ties? I don't see any obvious tie breakers that work well with the theme...

cheers,
-JonBen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas S
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I couldn't find anything. I believe you have yourself a tie.

Or you could do the following

a. run 1 more race between the tied players only at normal payout.

OR

b. give the player who won the most points in the final race the victory.

Anyone else see any tie-breaking notes in the rules?

-Doug

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As I'm breaking this out for the group tonight, was wondering the same thing myself.

I think that a tie-breaker mechanism would really only be needed for a 2 or 3 person game, where having a tie for first would be unsatisfactory. With more players, it seems it would be more acceptable to leave things at a tie.

I like Duglis's suggestion for B, above, as it clearly rewards the player who took the greatest risk in the last race in order to catch up. Also means that if a tied player lost money because of a last place horse, that player is very unlikely to be given the tie-breaker.

I wouldn't want to run one more race unless it was a 2 player game - in a 5-6 player game, that would be no fun for everyone else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.