Subject: Ran out of points discs rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sir Cumference
United States
Unspecified
California
flag msg tools
We played this for the first time tonight and really liked it, but when the game ended there were not enough point discs to award scores for groups remaining at the end. We were very close in points so this left the ending very inconclusive and we were unable to come to decision about who really won. Has anyone else had this problem? This seems so obviously broken that I am wondering if maybe we were doing something wrong to have high enough scores to get to this... I will study the rules some more I spose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
badge
Have yellow discs count for 3 instead of 2. Problem solved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sir Cumference
United States
Unspecified
California
flag msg tools
Yes I was thinking the yellows should be 3 or even 5 as I went to bed last night. We only received 15 yellows and 15 gray discs, which means the total points cannot exceed 45, which seems way too low.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Orleans
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a pretty common occurrence. I usually just have the players discard equal numbers of points discs until there's enough in the bank. Or it's usually easy enough to just count up the endgame scores without using the discs. In any case, you definitely should not consider the number of discs to be a limit on scoring.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Barlow
Canada
Stratford
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Well, at least it's not raining.
mbmbmbmbmb
Take two grey coins and paint them another colour (white, black?) and have this coin count as a 10. Or, stick on a coloured sticker, if you don't want to mar your game.
When you get 10 points trade in for this coin.
If that's not enough for your scores, dress up another grey coin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.