Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank McGirk
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not a bad game this.

For kids, or silly adults, that is.

It's a race game where you move along a spiraling path to the center of the board. Along the way you have to "battle" each other and guards to continue moving along, and you also have cards to play to give you a boost in movement or to hinder your opponents.

As far as an applicable theme, the game is surprisingly weak. You are members of the A-Team, and you have to "battle" each other constantly as you try to be the first to get the files. This particularly bothered my friend Marty, but when I explained that the rules stated we were all dressed up like guards to infiltrate the place, so we probably didn't realize we were battling team members, he felt a little better.

All the battling did keep things lively though. The battles are simple roll off types of event, where the winner moves on the number of spaces he out rolled the loser. Usually you only battle a player when landing on them, but the game also provided some narrow corridors, where a player blocked all from passing without a battle.

And the race out was surprisingly tense. The pace quickens as you start rolling two dice for movement, and people are trying to grab the plans from you by--you guessed it--battling you. The plans changed hands a number of times during our game and added a pleasant "You Bastard!" quality to the game.

A kids game to be sure, but a pretty well designed one. The copy I found at Vinnies was heavily played, but still had all the cards and pieces...sure signs of a revered game.

Especially if you figure in that they were smart enough not to let anyone be B.A. I can't imagine how many fights that alone probably prevented. Of course, that meant that in a four player game someone had to be the girl (Does anyone know her name?), but...well, every game has its flaw.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Venkmen
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
The girl's name is Amy Allen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.