Eric Dodd
New Zealand
Martinborough
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Limited Access - Wellycon XI - Back 5th June 2018
mbmbmbmbmb
I just picked up the Dinosaur version of this game from a local garage sale on Saturday 29th July 2006.

This a version of Beetle Drive, or Cootie (game id:4378).

There are four different dinosaurs, each of six parts. The dinosaurs featured are Pteranodon (yellow/brown), Tyrannosaurus (orange/brown), Stegosaurus (bright green) and Triceratops (dark green). The dinosaur images are printed on one side only, on good quality card. Each piece has slots that allow them to fit into each other, so that eventually a 3d stand-up dinoaur model is built. My second-hand set is in good condition except for two slightly broken pieces. Because the back of the pieces is plain they can be easily repaired without affecting the game.

The game mechanics are exactly like Beetle Drive. Up to four may play, and each choose the dinosaur they wish to build. The first person to build all six pieces of their dinosaur wins. The youngest player starts. Each turn a player rolls a single die, and collects the piece with the die roll printed on it. If that number has already been rolled, no piece is collected and play passes on.

That's all there is to it. The gimmic here is, of course, the construction of the quality dinosaur models. These models look good and stand up well when assembled. I'll stick some photos of mine up soon.

As an Early Learing Centre production, the rules also suggest simply playing withe dinosaurs against your own drawn backdrops. If you had kept the sprues, then you would also be able to trace out the shapes for make more dinosaurs to build and colour.

The printed copyright notice inside the box suggests a production date of 1993 by Educa Sallent of Sabadell, in Spain. My version is entirely in English, though with a Dutch warning that the game is unsuitable for children under 3.

I imagine the models should make this a more palatable version of Beetle Drive than a pen and paper version. The only time I remember playing this as a child was at parties.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.