Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Necessary Evil
United States
Glen Arm
flag msg tools
Yes, I play the Bass.
Sweet Holy Moses, Fruit F*cker Prime!
I had a chance to play the 1.4 rules last night.

I have to say the game is better with them. I was the Saracens and I won a strong victory. (opponent gave me the game when I had 6 out of 7 cities with 1 turn left)

Anyway The game was closer than that seems, the franks player made a big mistake bringing in the Germans at aleppo and ended up losing them (pluse hte group he sent in to help) due to getting stuck over winter.

If the Germans had not been killed he would have had 2 full turns to march down the eastern half of the map. I was spread thin holding the other cities.

The new rules work well. I very much like moving the crusaders in with 1 activation. I was worried that the saracens having to go home to heal would be hard, but its not. It keeps them from just walling up in the big cities and IMHO makes the game better.

Time will tell on how balanced things are, I will comment on that after a few more plays with both sides.

With the new ruleset CR is my favorite block game.

Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.