Popular Tags: [View All]
Eerko Vissering
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
Download on the App Store
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to present an iPhone app named Board Game Stats. I've worked on it, on and off, since late 2012. My wife and I were missing a quick and easy to use tool to track our board game plays, so I created something that fits our needs and we now use all the time.

Over time it developed to include statistics and more and more details, features and polish. Thinking we could not be the only ones looking for this solution, I thought it was time to release it to the public.

Board Game Stats is primarily aimed at registering the end-scores of a game, and displaying statistics about all these Plays, the Games and Players.

Features include:
• Enter Games and set an image and scoring rules
• Set Players and Locations, including Anonymous players
• Enter your plays including location and scores per player and many more details
• Calculate scores on the fly
• Create teams and enter team scores
• Add images of your Plays, and create profile images of Players
• Link Games to BoardGameGeek to load more details and a game image
• Post your plays to BoardGameGeek, including auto-post
• Importing plays from BoardGameGeek
• Post your play to Twitter or Facebook
• View statistics for Games, Plays, and Players
• View statistics for a specific combination of players
• Browse a extended statistics overview with H-index and fives and dimes
• Export and import scores for easy backup to a variety of services
• All in a native iOS interface

I would love to hear your feedback and feature suggestions to add in following releases. Join our guild: Board Game Stats guild

Encountered problems? Message me on BGG, post on this thread or in the guild, or check this page: Recovering from problems with BG Stats

Board Game Stats is available on the App Store via this link.

Some screenshots:

• [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey I have this a shot and it seems really good.

I don't know if this does it already or if it's possible.

But could this app add my plays to BGG? That would be great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or even import my plays from BGG. Although this is less important then exporting plays to BGG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eerko Vissering
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
abodi wrote:

But could this app add my plays to BGG? That would be great.

Thanks for your comment. I'm looking to add that feature in a future update.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great thanks Eerko.

I posted a link to the app and this post on the google+ boardgame group.

Hopefully that means a few more sale and some more motivation for you to continue.

Two bits of feedback

1: On the date selection screen It was really finicky to change the date, whenever tried to scroll the day it would scroll the whole screen. Took about 8 tries before it did what I wanted.

2: On the overview tab in the centre if the screen you have statistics for the last 30 days. And 365 days. Both if these only show three games, may I suggest that this should also be a button that then lists all the games for that period and how many played. (Basically to list all games rather than just 3, but this is not something you'd want show all the time hence hidden behind a click) I hope this is clear.

Otherwise I'm loving it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I wanted to see how the stats played out when I entered some of my games from the last 30 days.

I ran into a problem, I played some games at a boardgame cafe, I don't know any of there names, but I remember how many players.

Feature request: to be able to add guests as players.
I'm not likely to every play with these specific people again, nor do I care to collect stats about them. But if I only put myself in as a player, it skews my state suggesting I've played a lot more solo games than I have.

So maybe there could always be a player called guest. And you can then set how many guests there were, you don't specifically need to separate them. If a guest wins I'm happy to they one and not me.

Feature request 2, might be the ability to sort recorded plays by game rather than just the date.

Edit : feature request 2 already exists.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eerko Vissering
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Samuel,

Thanks for cross-posting. I love your enthusiasm

I've noted your feature requests. The guest-players feature was something I ran into myself, solving it by adding players Guest 1, Guest 2 etc. This could be somewhat enhanced indeed.

I'll update this thread when I have updates.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bug report: on the players tab if you tap + then cancel it still creates a player with no name.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eerko Vissering
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for reporting, will fix that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dicky P
United Kingdom
West
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am having a "dim" moment.

How are people setting up and recording coop games in this app?

I was thinking of either

1. recording a game with each player (using the role field as appropriate for notes of role), and then a "separate player" called "AI"/"system" or some similar to represent the "game" itself. That way you have a record of wins/losses against the game.

2. Alternatively one could drop all the players into a team, and again have the AI as a seperate player entry.

Is there a "correct" way to do this for co-op's.

[Edit: Just realised that 1. above probably doesn't work as I don't think that all players can be given a "win" status as the same time in the case of a true team effort, but probably still works for those games which a semi-coop and there might be an overall winner].
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eerko Vissering
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is solved by the possibility to give all players or no player a 'win' status.

While developing I actually had a coop flag for a play in there, but it didn't add any value it seems. Because all players can win, all can loose, but in some coops even some can win and some won't, it seemed more fitting to make the 'win' flag be freely assignable to any or all players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dicky P
United Kingdom
West
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Caesar! wrote:
This is solved by the possibility to give all players or no player a 'win' status.

While developing I actually had a coop flag for a play in there, but it didn't add any value it seems. Because all players can win, all can loose, but in some coops even some can win and some won't, it seemed more fitting to make the 'win' flag be freely assignable to any or all players.

Thanks. Hadn't noticed that you could flag more than one player with a win.

I think I may still be tempted to have a AI player just to record how often the game-system wins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eerko Vissering
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Version 1.1 is now available on the App Store.

- Updates the import/export functionality to be able to update from one device to another and back without problems: now updates existing plays with the last modified version and doesn't add duplicates
- When choosing a picture from library or taking a new photo size is no longer limited to square photos
- The Add Play screen now also shows the lowest winning and average scores for the selected game
- Other improvements

If you like this version, please review this app on the App Store.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes I saw the update last night and immediately updated.

Thanks again great app.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Coy Kissee
United States
Lenexa
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
When you say that you can

Quote:
Enter Games and set an image and scoring rules

Does that mean that the game can keep track of different scoring categories in addition to the total score? For example, in Race for the Galaxy, can the game keep track of the points received from Tableau, VP chips, Prestige, Goals, etc. in additon to the total score?

If so, can you configure these categories for each game that you create?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eerko Vissering
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ckissee wrote:
When you say that you can

Quote:
Enter Games and set an image and scoring rules

Does that mean that the game can keep track of different scoring categories in addition to the total score? For example, in Race for the Galaxy, can the game keep track of the points received from Tableau, VP chips, Prestige, Goals, etc. in additon to the total score?

If so, can you configure these categories for each game that you create?

You can set only general scoring rules for now: highest score wins, lowest score wins, or no points rewarded. When entering scores you can add up the different parts of the score to ease your calculation, e.g. enter "23+8+18" for tableau, chips and 6-cost developments, but all in one field. The app will keep the text you entered and show the calculated total.

I might separate scoring fields which you could label per game in the future, but it isn't in there right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Sullivan
United States
Augusta
Georgia
flag msg tools
Looks very cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Peoble
United States
Sahuarita
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks very slick. Downloading now! I'll let you know what I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Murphy
United States
Biloxi
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great app! I love the presentation. A couple of nitpicky suggestions.

1. A comments section for sessions.

2. A way to "retire" players. I've got a number of players who played one time or rarely play, and it would be nice to "retire" them to the bottom of my list to keep my main opponents conveniently high on the list.

3. When adding a game, it would be useful to add the roles that could be selected from.

Anyway, fantastic app. Highly recommended.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eerko Vissering
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your kind comments Jesse.
The first two suggestions are indeed planned for one of the coming updates, I've added the third one to the ever growing wishlist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep up the good work Eerko.

i'm still using this app everytime I play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Peoble
United States
Sahuarita
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
peoblej wrote:
This looks very slick. Downloading now! I'll let you know what I think.

I've been using the app for about three weeks now and I am very impressed with it! It is a great way to record your plays and by far the easiest app that I have found. I highly recommend it.

Here are the features I would most like to see added:
- Sync plays to BGG account! This is the big one for me.
- Add players from BGG (similar to how you can add games from BGG)
- A way to "hide" certain players so they aren't in my main list
- A comment section on the play
- More stats! Especially on the Players tab. I would love to see my total win percentage. A feature where I could compare two players to see how they fare in games they have played together would be neat also.

Overall, I am very pleased with this app. It has streamlined my method for logging plays and is quite slick. Thanks for your effort!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex P
France
La Plaine St-Denis
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
peoblej wrote:
Here are the features I would most like to see added:
- Sync plays to BGG account! This is the big one for me.

This is the feature that will get me to buy it. :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Syncing plays to BoardGameGeek is my most wanted feature, I don't even care at this point if you can't do it the other way around. (Import)

Comments would be nice but not essential for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alex even as is, it is worth the money and very cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [56] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.