Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dale Stephenson
United States
Buford
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Note -- although this is set in the world of Harry Potter, Harry himself is not in this game. It does start on his birthday, however.

Setting: Ministry of Magic.
Time: The summer following the events in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

Harry Potter has shocked the wizarding world by announcing that He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named has returned to full strength, and was responsible for the death of student Cedric Diggory. The powerful but eccentric Dumbledore believes him completely, and is campaigning for the Ministry of Magic to prepare itself for War -- a return of the awful war that happened before You-Know-Who's disappearance.

But there are no other witnesses to this dramatic claim. Dumbledore would claim that Lord Thingy is just biding his time, planting his agents and seeking to subvert the ministry from within.

Poppycock. It's Dumbledore himself, jealous of Cornelius Fudge's growing prestige, who is seeking to destabilize the ministry. He probably has his own agents inside the ministry, seeking to topple Fudge so he can be Minister of Magic. The unfortunate death at Hogwarts was due to the mad Barty Crouch, Junior, a poor deluded fool who only thought he was a Death Eater.

Dumbledore has gone so far as to suggest Death Eaters are behind the mysterious death of Allec Rutilus at the ministry. Certainly it always makes people a little nervous when Aurors die at their desk, with no visible sign why. But really, the idea that he was hit by a Killing Curse is ludicrous. Why, security spells show there were no visitors to the Ministry at the time he died. For Dumbledore's theory to be true, there would have to be a Death Eater working at the ministry itself!

The truth of the matter is that there are three parties at work at the ministry -- the Death Eaters and their sympathizers, the Order of the Phoenix and their sympathizers, and the Minister of Magic and his followers. The Death Eaters are trying to gain control of the Ministry, preferably without anyone realizing the Death Eaters are back. The Order is trying to eliminate the Death Eaters, but also to get the Minister of Magic to realize Voldemort is back--and admit Dumbledore is right. The Minister also wants to get rid of the Death Eaters, but without admitting that they are Death Eaters.

Each day a person is fired from the ministry. Each night a player may be removed by use of Avada Kedavra, Crucio, or Stupefy. If the Minister needs replaced, there will be a special vote to replace him.

The War Begins

A major factory in determining victory conditions is whether War has been declared with Voldemort. The War Level begins at one, if the War Level reaches nine or more following a vote, War will be declared. Deaths and Crucios increase the level, while firing Order or Death Eaters will reduce the War Level.

The Spells

Here are the spells that may be used during the game.

Avada Kadavra. May only be used by Death Eaters. Kills a player, may not be blocked.

Crucio. May only be used by Death Eaters. Tortures a player, removes them from the game. May be blocked by Protego. The user will also learn the victim's role, and what they learned during the game.

Imperio. May only be used by Death Eaters. May be blocked by Protego. Has a chance of failure (see below), may be shaken off later in the game. Broken when Imperio-caster is removed from the game. Allows Death Eaters to control the vote of the Imperioed person. May also be used to interrogate (as Crucio), but if shaken off, the victim will know who interrogated him. Successfully Imperioed wizards and witches will not realize they have been Imperioed, and will think their actions are successfull, even though they are ineffective. Imperioed players can also be directed to perform Crucio on other players.

The three spells above are Unforgivable Curses. Until War Begins, Death Eaters may not cast more than one per night (including any Crucios cast by Imperioed players.

Legilimens. Peer into the mind of another, and learn their allegience (Ministry, Order, Death Eaters). May be blocked by Protego.

Occlumens. Disguise your mind from a legilimens. The Legilimens will see the same allegience as his own.

Stupefy. Blast a person. Sends them off to St. Mungo's (and out of the game). May be blocked by Protego. Until War Begins, any Auror using Stupefy will be demoted, and any non-Auror using Stupefy will be fired.

Protego. Block spells of all kinds, but cannot interfere with the Killing Curse (Avada Kadavra).

Items

Invisibility Cloak. May be used to spy on another worker. You will learn if they leave their office, and also learn who visited their office, in alphabetical order.

Veritaserum. May be used to spike the drink of someone who is being fired. May change war level, as described below.

Polyjuice Potion. May be used to take the appearance of another player when you visit them. Useful when casting the Killing Curse on someone who's being watched.

Order of Execution: If it matters, this is the order in which actions are performed:

Protego
Avada Kedavra
Stupefy (after War Begins)
Crucio
Legilimens
Stupefy (before War Begins)
Imperio

With the exception of Occlumens (works automatically) each player may cast only one spell per night, even if they know more than one. Some players may not have mastered any of the spells.

SPECIAL ROLES

One player begins as Cornelius Fudge, Minister of Magic. He is guaranteed to be with the Ministry party, and will use no spells.

If another player is made Minister of Magic, he will not use any spells, even if he has mastered them.

There are three Aurors. They may freely PM each other. They are NOT guaranteed to be of the Ministry party. All Aurors know Protego and Stupefy, but are not authorized to use Stupefy before War Begins. If slain, Aurors are not replaced. The Aurors have access to invisibility cloaks, but will not use them before War Begins. After War Begins, one Auror per night may use an invisibility cloak.

THE SIDES

There are three parties in the game--those Loyal to the Ministry, those loyal to the Order of the Phoenix, and those loyal to the Death Eaters.

The Ministry

Cornelius Fudge has ten allies within the Ministry. Besides any aurors in his party, there are four who can cast spells -- one Legilimens, one Occlumens, one Protego, and one Stupefy.

The Order

Three full fledged members of the Order of the Phoenix are inside the ministry. All three know Stupefy and Protego. They may freely PM each other. They begin the game with one Invisibility Cloak and one dose of Veritaserum. Two members have mastered other spells--one Occlumens, and one Legilimens.

Two others sympathize with the Order, and may be recruited to the order in certain circumstances. One has mastered Protego, the other has mastered Stupefy. (Note--if either is an Auror, they know both spells, of course).

The Death Eaters

Three Death Eaters have been installed at the ministry. They have all mastered all three Unforgivable Curses. They may freely PM each other. They also have each mastered an additional spell--one Legilimens, one Protego, and one Occlumens. They begin the game with one dose of Polyjuice Potion.

Two others sympathize with the Death Eaters, and may be recruited to the Death Eaters in certain circumstances. One has mastered Crucio, the other has mastered the Killing Curse.

Victory Conditions

The Ministry can win a major victory by eliminating all Death Eaters, without War being declared.

The Ministry can win a minor victory by eliminating all members of Order of the Phoenix, before War is declared.

The Ministry can win a minor victory by eliminating all Death Eaters, but after War is declared.

The Ministry wins a decisive victory if they eliminate all Death Eaters and all Order members, before War is declared.
----
The Order can win a major victory by eliminating all Death Eaters, with War being declared.

The Order can win a minor victory by eliminating all Death Eaters, without War being declared.

The Order can win a minor victory if War is declared.

The Order wins a decisive victory if they eliminate all Death Eaters, War is declared, and an Order member is Minister of Magic.
----
The Death Eaters can win a major victory by having a Death Eater elected as Minister of Magic.

The Death Eaters can win a major victory by eliminating all Order members, and having the Minister of Magic under the Imperio Curse (after the firing vote).

The Death Eaters can win a minor victory by eliminating all Order members.

The Death Eaters can win a minor victory if War is never declared.

The Death Eaters win a decisive victory if they eliminate all Order members, War is never declared, and a Death Eater is elected Minister of Magic.

Using Imperio

Imperio is an unreliable spell. Strong-minded wizards can wrest themselves free of the spell, or even resist in entirely. Each player has a base percentage for Imperio resistance. This is the chance that they resist the initial spell, and also the chance that they free themselves on succeeding nights.

Order of the Phoenix members: 30%
Order of the Phoenix sympathizers: 25%
Cornelius Fudge: 25%
Ministry-aligned Aurors: 25%
Ministry sympathizers: 20%
Death Eater sympathizers: 10%

The Death Eater casting Imperio will know if Imperio failed in its initial cast. If a victim shakes lose later, they will realize it only AFTER the next day's vote, unless they chose to interrogate the victim.

Role reveal

Players removed from the game at night do not have their alignment revealed. Players removed from the game during the day have their alignment revealed, but not their powers or exact role. If a player removed is under the Imperio curse, it will not be revealed.

Exception: If veritaserum has been given to a player being fired, you will learn if the player is under Imperio, and also what spells the player knows. Once war is declared, Veritaserum will be used on all players fired, and all Stupefy victims. The Order may NOT use Veritaserum on stupefy victims before war is declared.

Using Veritaserum
For the Order to use Veritaserum, PM me before the voting deadline.

Replenishing Potions
Both Veritaserum and Polyjuice Potion take a long time to produce. Both parties receive an extra dose of potion when reduced to two members, and a third dose when reduced to a single member.

Resigning and Fleeing

To avoid undesired effects on the war beginning, a player may resign or flee. This must be done publicly, in bold, and at least an hour before the vote deadline. If a player leaves the game from this action, it will substitute for the firing.

If the Minister of Magic resigns, he is not removed from the game, but he is no longer minister. The firing vote will still occur, but will be followed by a special vote to elect a new minister of magic.

If a Death Eater-aligned player flees, or an Order-aligned player resigns, they are removed from the game. Ministry-aligned players may not resign or flee.

EFFECT ON WAR LEVEL

The game begins with a war level of 1, with a war level of 9+ after the firing vote resulting in war being declared. Here are the actions that affect the war level:

+5 Minister of Magic killed
+3 Minister of Magic crucioed
+1 Minister of Magic claims he was under Imperio--also results in automatic resignation
-2 Minister of Magic voluntarily resigns
+3 Auror killed
+2 Auror crucioed
-1 Auror demoted from unauthorized Stupefy use
+2 non-Auror killed
+1 non-Auror crucioed
+0 non-Minister of Magic claims to have been under Imperio
-2 Death Eater-aligned player fired (Ministry found "nut" who did bad things)
+2 Death Eater-aligned player fired, and was given Veritaserum
+0 Death Eater flees
-1 Order-aligned player fired
+0 Order-aligned player resigns.
+1 Imperioed player is fired (only discovered if Veritaserum was given)

Once war has been declared, it may not be undone.

Effects of War Being Declared:

All remaining Death Eaters may cast unforgivable curses each night. (Note that using an Imperioed player to cast Crucio counts as the player's only action.)

Veritaserum is used on all fired players, and all Stupefy victims.

One Auror per night may use an invisibility cloak.

All Aurors may stupefy at night, without fear of demotion

All *uncontradicted* Order members may also Stupefy at night without fear of firing.

Other players may use Stupefy, but will be fired if their victim was not a Death-Eater sympathizer.

If Cornelius Fudge is still Minister of Magic, he automatically resigns his position.

Recruiting

Sympathizers may be recruited into the Order or into the Death Eaters. To recruit, a Death Eater or Order member chooses to recruit a particular player as their night action. If they are a sympathizer, they join. If they are not, the identity of the recruiter is given to them. New members may PM and count as full members for victory condition purposes, but do not learn new spells on joining up.

Occlumens appear to be DE sympathizers to the DE legilimens, and appear to be Order sympathizers to the Order legilimens. They appear to be loyal ministry workers to the Minsitry legilimens.

Voting and the Bootlicking Index

Voting follows normal BGG rules -- votes in bold, must unvote any current vote before revoting, must not edit vote post. Players may unvote with revoting, and may choose not to vote.

Conditional votes may be cast, as long as they are public and in bold. Making them too complicated runs the risk of having them deliberately misinterpreted.

Tiebreaking is done by the player who has the highest value in the bootlicking index, representing their sway with the Minister of Magic. The Minister of Magic is always at the top of the index, any former Ministers are automatically at the bottom. All others start with a value between .01 and .96, modified by the results of each vote as follows:

(Note -- a Death Eater aligned player is always an enemy of the ministry, Order-aligned players are enemies of the ministry before War is declared.)

+4 Voted for fired enemy of the Ministry, voted with Minister.
+3 Voted for fired enemy of the Ministry, did not vote with Minister.
+2 Innocent fired, voted elsewhere with the Minister.
+1 Innocent fired by the Minister, voted elsewhere.
+0 Innocent fired, not by the minister, voted elsewhere, but not with the minister.
-1 Enemy fired, not by the minister, voted elsewhere.
-2 Enemy fired by the minister, voted elsewhere.
-3 Did not vote.
-4 Voted for fired innocent, did not vote with minister.
-5 Voted for fired innocent with the minister.
-9 Voted for minister, minister was not fired.

In addition, a special +1 for flavor will be awarded to the wizard or witch who does the best job of brown-nosing the minister each day.

The Minister of Magic MUST vote! If the Minister fails to vote, they are considered to have resigned their post, and a special election will be held to elect a new minister. Losing his post in this way will have no effect on the War Level

Schedule

Firing votes (lynch) will be held at noon. Night deadline is 2 PM. Night orders may be given in advance by PM, and may have any kind of conditional attached. Failing to submit a night order results in no action being taken.

The game will begin on July 31st, in a day phase. First vote concludes at noon on August 1st. There will be no deadlines on weekends.

Game ends when no change in victory conditions is possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Stephenson
United States
Buford
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Trouble at the Ministry of Magic (Harry Potter): Pre-Game
Now is a time for Ministry of Magic employees to introduce themselves. Here are the personnel involved:

acekim
Anonymouse512
BagpipeDan
bwt2q
CapAp
Denise
Esuh
greek2me
jaredh
Javal
kuchick
Luthien
melissa
Rasattack
Rukasu
Scotty_Bomb
Seamusk
seanp
Tarrant
Vidarrr
Xandryyte

A special welcome to our beloved minister, Scotty_Bomb.

Scotty_Bomb is Cornelius Fudge, Minister of Magic

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terri K
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Good golly people... my username has a lower case x!!
badge
Females play board games too!!! ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Trouble at the Ministry of Magic (Harry Potter): Pre-Gam
[xand enters the Ministry awaiting instructions for her new job]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott C. Bourgeois
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Fellow Ministers and Government Officials,

I want to take this moment to thank my supporters on this, the eve of my election to the position of Minister of Magic. I promise not to abuse my position, and to lead with dignity and wisdom.

I have heard the rumours that there are dark things afoot in the Ministry at this time, and want to take a moment to say that this is completely baseless and untrue. There are no "evil" things going on within our government, and these unfounded rumours of Death Eaters are both false and dangerous! Anyone speaking such nonsense - especially in the presence of muggles! - will be dealt with harshly, but fairly.

I have also heard that members of Dumbledore's "Order of the Pheonix" are at work within these walls. This is utterly unacceptible! The trouble that Dumbledore is stirring is dangerous and subversive, and I want to make it VERY clear that I will not tolerate his followers working secretly within our Ministry!

In closing, I pledge to make this a great year to be a member of our government!

Yours Sincerely,
Cornelius "Scotty_Bomb" Fudge,
Minister of Magic

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lukas Litzsinger
United States
Falcon Heights
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings, Minister. I am Rukfin Flamert, head of the Department of the Legality of Foriegn Spells. It is a small department, and doesn't get much attention, but we are here to back you as much as possible.

May the following days be uneventful and filled with no more than underage wizard violations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vidar Ambrosiani
Sweden
Nyköping
Södermanland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings Minister.

I'm Vidarrr Ambrosius. I expect you've never heard of me. I'm just a simple worker at the 4th floor:

Department for the regulation and control of magical creatures
Beast Division
Werewolf capture unit

Since werewolves are nocturnal I will sometimes be missing from the ministry at odd times (ie I'm in the central european time zone), but I will do my best to make sure that the troublemakers are fired and that only loyal employees remain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
An open-eyed man falling into the well
United States
Roswell
Georgia
flag msg tools
"I don’t believe in magic that works whether or not you believe in it!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Trouble at the Ministry of Magic (Harry Potter): Pre-Gam
Greetings, good day to you all. A special welcome to the minister for gracing us with his wisdom today.

I am A. Y. Reepich, but I am usually called "Mouse". As you may guess from my nickname, I am a licensed Animagus, which is quite useful at times when working here. But I should say no more. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a mysterious mystery to explore in the mysterious Department of Mystery.

Not hiding anything,
A. Reepich

Are we supposed to have our roles yet? I don't have mine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Ah, yes, good day minister. May I introduce myself. My name is Paul Esuhshalaramaniopodium, but please, call me Esuh. I am the leader, and possibly only staff of the department of Other, eclectic, otherwise and etcetera (OEOE). As you may guess from the name, we deal with everything that does not fall under another departments supervision. This makes our workload quite large, especially as our offices was previously known as the broom closet. Is there a chance you might find something for us in the next budget, perchance?

Now, back to work. Where was that duck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Stephenson
United States
Buford
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Three among you are Aurors, powerful dark-wizard catchers. Unlike Cornelius Fudge, they are not guaranteed to be loyal Ministry employees.

Bwt2q, Denise, and kuchick are Aurors.

None of you have received your private roles. They will now be sent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Stephenson
United States
Buford
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the ordinary employee PM (with subject Trouble at the Ministry of Magic role)

Quote:
Congratulations, you are a loyal Ministry employee with no special powers.

Please see full rules at: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/119806

All roles have been sent. If you have not received a role message from me, please PM me as soon as possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Stephenson
United States
Buford
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not all employees have the same influence with the minister...

Day One Bootlicking Index:

MOM Scotty_Bomb
0.96 Rasattack
0.91 Seamusk
0.86 Rukasu
0.81 Luthien
0.76 melissa
0.71 Anonymouse512
0.66 Vidarrr
0.61 Xandryyte
0.56 Javal
0.51 Tarrant
0.46 jaredh
0.41 seanp
0.36 acekim
0.31 kuchick
0.26 BagpipeDan
0.21 Esuh
0.16 bwt2q
0.11 greek2me
0.06 Denise
0.01 CapAp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Stephenson
United States
Buford
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trouble at the Ministry of Magic screams the headline in the Daily Prophet. While ace reporter Rita Skeeter seems to be missing, and the Prophet backs Fudge's dismissal of Dumbledale's ridiculous claims, Wizarding's answer to the New York Sun can't resist digging up some dirt.

"Prophet sources have learned that the death of Auror Allec Rutilus may not be as straightforward as claimed. A house-elf on the cleaning crew saw a green light as she was passing by his office. As nothing seemed to be wrong with Rutilus, aside from being dead, the dreaded Killing Curse cannot be ruled out. Our sources claim the elf has been placed under a strict vow of silence, but that the Minister has decided that a rogue murderer is loose inside the Ministry itself! One expects this sort of thing at Hogwarts, where Dumbledale has obviously gone senile. But to see this at the ministry calls into question the competence of Fudge and the Department of Magical Law Enforcement. Rumor has it a scapegoat will be fired tomorrow."

Day One has begun. Voting ends at noon on Tuesday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seamus Kleissler
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wow, some good names and positions. THat is a lot of pressure, especially given that I'm apparently a pretty good bootlicker!

Greetings Minister,

This is your friend Seamus Conklin, the leading wizard in the Department of Wizard Education. Of course, you know me well due to the excellent achievements that our young wizards have reached under my supervision of the various schools (and home schools) of wizardy. A lot of wizzards don't realize how important our grants program is to maintenance of the varied wizard education materials and schools. I am proud of what we have accomplished in the Department.

I look forward to working closely with you to maintain the Ministry as the leading institution of peace and law within the wizarding world.

Best,
Seamus

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denise Lavely
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Trouble at the Ministry of Magic (Harry Potter): GIP, D1
dalestephenson wrote:
Not all employees have the same influence with the minister...

Day One Bootlicking Index:
0.06 Denise

Hmph. Well, of course I don't go around licking boots, I'm busy getting rid of Dark Wizards. And I think I can say without fear of contradiction, there are no Dark Wizards in the Ministry of Magic. And even if there were, I sure wouldn't tell you HERE. You-Know-Who's spies are everywhere. But not here. So I guess I could tell you HERE, if there were any Dark Wizards. But there aren't. But if there WERE, I could tell you here. Unless they were here, in which case I better not.

Greetings! I am Auror Denise Trelawney, sister to the famous Sybil Trelawney, renowned Professor of Divination at Hogwarts. I may not have my sister's all-seeing eye, but I do have a modest talent for intuition. I don't really expect any Dark Wizards to be such fools as to show up HERE, of course. But if they did, I feel confident we could detect them easily and send them packing!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
You and the Cap'n make it hap'n
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, how come I'm not on the bootlicking index? Am I 0.00 or 1.00?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denise Lavely
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CapAp wrote:

You aren't on the bootlicking index because everyone KNOWS you can't stand the taste of shoe polish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Rasmussen
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Kisu~
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello friends! I am Rasputin A. Tackley, or rasattack for those of you less inclined toward formality.

As the personal secretary to Cornelius Fudge, I can assure everyone that there is nothing strange occuring in the Ministry of Magic. We are always hard at work to ensure that all departments are running according to the established rules and regulations.

Our dear Minister is on top of things, so please don't spread or give heed to any rumors that might be out there, as they are all certainly false.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Stephenson
United States
Buford
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CapAp wrote:

0.01. Captain America doesn't lick boots.

Index edited above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
dalestephenson wrote:
0.21 Esuh

That explains our budget.
*Scurries back to his broom closet/office*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Valvard
msg tools
Spread the conFUDsion wherever you can...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jasil Valarian reporting for duty; I'm looking forward to a healthier stint than in my previous post as attache to the ministry ambassador to Ankara; the magical insect life there has to be experienced to be believed, and the firebites are only just starting to heal.

I must admit to some personal concern over the recent furore centred around Hogwarts, where my own nephew is studying (noisome brat that he is). I had hoped that some decent leadership on this might have emerged from the school, but it seems that eccentricity still holds sway at the academy.

Minister - welcome to your post; I hope you enjoy the Turkish delicacies I left on your desk. My ambassador sent them as a token of his (and my own) esteem.

J-Val

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denise Lavely
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dalestephenson wrote:
CapAp wrote:

0.01. Captain America doesn't lick boots.

Index edited above.

Hey, I'm not bottom of the barrel anymore - hmmmmmm.

Cornelius, have I told you what a GREAT tie that is? Love it!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McGeehan
United States
Manchester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Talk about Middle Management! I've been here at the Ministry for years, and now we're having all this trouble, and despite being loyal to our Minister of Magic all this time, here I am right smack-dab in the middle of the Index at 0.51. I feel insulted, Mr. Fudge.

Time to get the ball rolling I guess. It's day one and that means random voting! I'll start the way we should all start.

Vote xandryyte.

T.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Valvard
msg tools
Spread the conFUDsion wherever you can...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The temptation to write 'good idea... vote tarrant' is quite powerful. But instead, I think I'll say...

'good idea... vote rasattack'

Because I think he must have used his position as secretary to steal the box of delights I gave to the minister, since he seems not to know anything about it. I should be WAY higher in favor than middle-of-the-road!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vidar Ambrosiani
Sweden
Nyköping
Södermanland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As an experienced werewolf catcher, I've been thinking of ways to apply this knowledge to the catching of disloyal employees. One tried and tested method that I apply at those times when Magic is forbidden is to lynch the werewolf. If ones Silver supply is missing the only way to find out who is a werewolf is in hanging. In our democratic world ("one man, one vote, the minister is the man, he has the vote!") voting is an idea to select the "hangman" so to speak. And to make these votes informed means having a limited number of candidates. And no "random" votes.

vote BagPipeDan

Will get back and jump on a bandwagon in about 16 hours. Now I'm going werewolfcapturing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Vidarrr wrote:
("one man, one vote, the minister is the man, he has the vote!")

Hmm. I, sir, level a charge at you. The charge is nothing less than stealing a quote from pratchett without any attribution. The punishment is nothing less than my vote, until I move it.
[Vote] Vidarrr

Yes, my department does handle quite ecclectic stuff, thank you for asking...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [43] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.