Mike Young
United States
Sterling
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Two questions:

1. When creating sanctuaries, may I move my statue from a previously created sanctuary to the new one I've just created?

2. When adding a card to the new markets, I can see two ways of doing this:
a: always adding a card to the markets in the same order
b: current player chooses which card goes on which market.
Which way is correct/

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Brown
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You cannot use a statue already used, so you get 2 chances to create sancturies and that's it.

The person visiting the market decides where to put the 3 market cards. My understanding is that all 3 new cards are known before deciding where to put them, so if all 3 are face up you can put each one where you want to, as long as 1 card is placed on each pile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nomadic Gamer
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree. This adds more choices for a player.
meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Biggar
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
dracomjb wrote:

The person visiting the market decides where to put the 3 market cards. My understanding is that all 3 new cards are known before deciding where to put them, so if all 3 are face up you can put each one where you want to, as long as 1 card is placed on each pile.

That's the way Eric of DOw taught us at KubleCon. You get to look at the top side of all three cards before putting them in the market stalls.

This game is so spread out that it helps to allocate jobs to various players. One player to act as banker and hand out talents and corruption, one to manage the Quarry and had out items as they are built and one ot manage the deck. The later player deals out the three cards so the active player can see them and place them in the market piles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Oh my. We were just blindly adding 3 cards to the market piles in order. It felt implied by the importance of face up vs face down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hautemont
United States
Los Altos
California
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
No, no Eddie, you choose where to place them (and I recommend usually doing so before looking at the pile of cards you just picked up, especially when that one is a large one) as this will help keep the game moving along and there are arguably on very few instances where what you picked up and/or decide to keep will impact how you'd want to place the 3 cards in the market's stalls.
best,
Eric @ DoW

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Thanks for the advice Eric, I'll take it to heart. Time was one of the first things I worried about when I realized our error as our group already seems to suffer from some considerable analysis paralysis when turns come up. I hope this new decision won't exacerbate it too badly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Erich wrote:
No, no Eddie, you choose where to place them (and I recommend usually doing so before looking at the pile of cards you just picked up, especially when that one is a large one) as this will help keep the game moving along and there are arguably on very few instances where what you picked up and/or decide to keep will impact how you'd want to place the 3 cards in the market's stalls.
best,
Eric @ DoW

Eric,
What if you had the Vizier in hand, or if you just picked him up? You can use him before placing the cards in the Market stalls, correct? This would affect which cards are placed in the stalls. With only one Vizier, I realize this is a rare event, but it could happen.

In my group, we usually take a quick glance at our cards to determine if there are any character cards we want to play before refilling the Market stalls. That way we're not privy to any information we really shouldn't have while playing characters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Sanders
United States
Henderson
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
DNA results:Scottish, Dutch, English, Irish, German, French, Iberian Peninsula = 100% American!
mbmbmbmbmb
Matthew,
It would seem that the Vizier card is to be used to pick up cards from the Market to keep in one's hand - not for replenishment of the Market Stalls. A ruling from the designer may be in order here, but I believe the implication of this card intends for selection of Market Cards into the player's hand only.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.