1 Posts

Diamant» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Another family game night with Diamant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Greisz
United States
flag msg tools
My 5 year old wanted to play Diamant again for our Sunday night family gaming. We had played last week as described,, and again on Tuesday night. This time the wifey joined us, so we had 4. Having 4 changes a lot, as you end up with more loot left behind because it cannot be split. So here goes.

We packed up our stuff and headed out for the mountains. Finding a nice clearing near some promising caves we stopped and set up camp. For some reason we set up 6 tents even with only 4 of us. We roasted some marshmallows and told scary stories, then I sent everyone to bed telling them we'd be getting up early.

We were ready to go as the sun peeked over the mountains. We headed into the first cave, finding 3 jewels immediately. Jordan decided to go back to camp when he saw the 3 jewels sitting there. It was a mistake as we found 7, then 11 gems before running into a rather large scorpion. We started moving more cautiously finding a snake around the next corner. We stumbled across a gem and immediately the 3 of us turned tail and ran for the exit. Jordan had collected 3 in his brief spelunking trip, while Justin, Lydia, and I ended up with 6 each. We threw some steaks on the grill, roasted a few more marshmallows and then hit the sack, our adventure had been quite tiring.

I was quite sore the next morning, spelunking for diamonds was quite unlike my usual day sitting at the computer in my office. But with the prospect of more diamonds goading me along, I dragged everyone out of bed, and we hit the 2nd cave. We found 3 gems a short distand into the cave again, this time Jordan decided to stick around. Around the next corner were 2 more gems, Lydia decided she wanted the 5 gems, or perhaps the first day had done her in as well, so she headed back to camp. Unfortunately we soon ran into a pocket of poison gas, followed by a nasty snake. We rounded another corner and found 4 more gems, Justin and Jordan high tailed it back to camp, leaving me by myself. 13 gems turned up immediately and I was in greed heaven. I decided to keep going. As I cautiously moved forward, a huge scorpion turned up under a rock, I almost hit my head on the cave roof I jumped so high. This was enough to send me back to camp. Lydia 5, Justin 1, Jordan 1, Jon 15.

The greed was getting to me, I ordered everyone to sleep, and got them up early. A pocket of gas was at the entrance to the next cave, but this didn't deter anyone. We found 7 gems, then 15, which was enough for Jordan to head back to camp. 17 gems showed up and Lydia headed back. 5 more and Justin decided he'd play it safe. Once again it was down to just me, a nasty explosion had me second guessing my decision, but I stuck with it and found 11 more, then headed to camp. Jordan 10, Lydia 11, Justin 12, and Jon 22.

The 4th cave started out nicely with a 13, Jordan high tailed it for camp. A scorpion startled us, but we stayed with it, finding 2 more gems. Poisonous gas wasn't enough to deter us either, and we found another 5 gems. Unfortunately, we started to get a little over confident and another pocket of poisonous gas did us in. Jordan 6.

It was down to the last day of our trip, we had chests full of treasure, but greedily wanted more. The cave started great with a 14, but a nasty snake followed by a rockslide had us doubting ourselves. Soon another snake did us in. No loot for anyone.

Final score Jon 43, Lydia 22, Jordan 20, and Justin 19. We enjoyed ourselves a lot. During our game on Tuesday I had been too greedy and managed to lose every mine, the last couple as I had no choice due to being behind. But today I didn't let the greed win out. The others played a little too cautiously letting me get the win. The 5 year old beat the 7 year old, too. Definitely an interesting and fun game.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.