Hide
1 Posts

Die Macher» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Deleted User 1
msg tools
After our big game of Die Macher game a few months ago, we’ve all been chomping at the bit to get together for another game. This time, we’ve recruited newbie Jeff to join Dan, Corwin and I in another session of the mother of all German games.

Even though most of us had played it once before, we needed a refresher so we went over the rules for our benefit and to introduce Jeff to the game. Dan created some outstanding player aids which helped us a great deal. We then jumped into the game.

The first region had 42 seats available and I concentrated my energies on it, winning the election and all 42 seats. Corwin was close behind, winning 37 seats.

The second region had a very small number of seats available and was pretty much ignored by all of us. Dan was able to win the election and grab 6 seats.

The third election went to Jeff. In the fourth and sixth elections, coalitions figured prominently, with the sixth election having two coalitions! In the fourth, fifth and sixth elections, two players tied for the most seats – Dan and Corwin, Jeff and Rick, and Dan and Jeff respectively.

The seventh and last election is where everything came to a head. I won the poll for this region and with it I drove down Corwin’s trend. Because of this, Corwin couldn’t get enough votes to win the election - Jeff ended up grabbing victory. Jeff also won the capability of changing two of the National Opinion cards. This changing of the National Opinion made a huge difference – this gained Jeff 45 victory points and lost 45 for both Dan and Rick. Corwin lost the most – had he won the election, he would have been able to gain 105 points by gaining the seats and changing the National Opinion to his advantage.

In the end, Jeff grabbed the victory. Jeff had the most seats, with a mandate of 161 seats – ahead of second place Corwin with 109 seats. I ended up with 109 seats and Dan had 70. As far as other victory points are concerned, we all got similar amounts of victory points for National Media, Party Membership and Matching Votes. In the final reckoning, Jeff beat us a by a healthy margin.

Score:

*Jeff* - 275
Corwin – 235
Rick – 214
Dan – 182

Ratings:

Jeff – 8
Corwin – 9
Rick – 8
Dan – 9

Another great game of Die Macher. This one took four hours, half an hour less than our last game. The game does move quickly and is very engrossing. The only criticism we had was the same problem we had in our last game – the winner of the last election has a huge advantage by being able to change the National Opinion to his advantage just before the game ends. Perhaps in the future we’ll find a way to temper that effect. Nevertheless, a great game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.