Popular Tags: [View All]
An open-eyed man falling into the well
United States
Roswell
Georgia
flag msg tools
"I don’t believe in magic that works whether or not you believe in it!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Winding down the night, Tramfabrik is suggested and a bunch of new players convince themselves to play. We have five players, 3-4 of us (myself included) new.

Over the first round, I build up towards a nice Green flick and also a (purposely) lousy Yellow 2-star. With only a few films completed, a simple purple takes the award for that round.

Next round I get the components to finish the first 4-star Green for a good score of 18. I also take the lead in actors, giving me prime party picks that help to build up my starting 3-star purple and new 4-star green. My 18 Green wins the best award for the round.

3rd round I mostly focused on building my new large green, and ended up neglecting my other 2. At the end of the round, none are complete, but needing only 4 components to finish all of them. With 2 free ones coming (and with 5 actors I'm sure to get a good pick) I feel confident about finishing them. However, I was outbid for Knizia, giving me some real competition for the worst flick (which currently sat at 2 needing a director and another attribute).

Entering the last round, I notice there's one auction near the end that contains *exactly* what I want for my worst flick - a blank and a 1-star director. But someone notices that I need the auction and bids me up to 8 before relenting. Meanwhile, I manage to finish my other 2 with good party picks for 12 and 16(scored 15).

My final scoring:

12 leftover contracts
48 = 15 + 3 + 12 + 18 for films
5 for first green film
5 for best film of the 2nd round (for the 18 green)
10 for worst film (3) - beat the film with Knizia by 1
10 for best directors (3+3+3+1 = 10).
10 for best purple film (12)
--
100 pts

The other scores were as low as 50; I don't think there were any others higher than 90.

My initial impression of the game was favorable. I like the "others get what you pay" as a money replenishment and power balance mechanic. In bidding games, I usually find it tough to assess the values of the pot but in this game I didn't have too much trouble - it seemed more intuitive here than in (for instance) Modern Art.

Overall, a lot of interesting options. Initial rating: 9/10.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.