Popular Tags: [View All]
Ronster Zero
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wits and Wagers

After picking this game up, the right time came up for my first play of this game. My parents and brother came over on Saturday night for dinner and I thought this would be fun for all. Some trivia, some betting, some strange questions, sounded perfect.

After reading the rules, which were easily digested (after dinner), I set out to explain the game. I was happy to explain the simplicity of the game. Everybody was up and running after we took one “sample” round.

I think most of us thought there would be questions that we could answer straight up. There are some questions which allow for the correct answer, but most are deceptive and force you to make a guess. How long is Amazon River, how big was the tallest giraffe, how many accredited Medical Schools were there in the US in 2002. The questions were strange, not hard, but hard to guess.

That’s where the bidding came in. If you did not know the answer just throw out a number and make your bets. I liked this part the best as it really seemed to keep everybody involved.

I was able to win the first game, hitting on a 3 to 1 bet with a $10 chip early on. By the second game my father had caught on and was winning easily until my wife did an all in on the last questions and hit on at 3 to 1. It was a great win for her as she cheered herself on.

I like the game for many reasons. One was very little down time. ON EACH ROUND you got to guess the answer and bet. Thus, even if you had no idea, you could still make some money. Second were the questions. They were not hard, just difficult to get the “exact” answer. I also liked this part as it produced a variety of answers for betting. It seemed keep all interested and to me this is s a mark of a good party game.

All in all I would give it an 8 for fun factor, easy of use, and interactivity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronster Zero
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd just like to add that we have played this game a few more times and I really like it more and more. Seems to be something for most people. I am a war gamer and like even heaver games, but this one works for when that social situation comes up!

It's fun and easy. Almost anybody can play but you need to be at least 10 to get a grasp on some the questions.

I would love to see an expansion (Themed) question deck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.