Thumb up
1 Posts

Tiny Epic Defenders» Forums » Sessions

Subject: First Time Playthrough rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Trev Or
flag msg tools
After a time of peace in our Tiny Epic Kingdoms, an unknown Horde appeared and threatened the Capital City and all of the surrounding Regions. In the rush to set up a defense, two unlikely strangers, a Barbarian and a Cleric, found themselves in an unlikely alliance.

The unknown Horde mounted one assault after another on the regions. The Barbarian pushed himself to his limits, time after time, dealing with threat after threat and coming close to collapse a few times. But he would not be stopped in his defense of his Kingdom.

Conversely, the Cleric monitored his co-defender's actions and strategically placed himself in regions where the Barbarian was unable to get to. Together the two successfully repelled two separate assaults made by the Horde.

During the third assault, a Dire Enemy appeared in the Mountains and drew the attention of both defenders. This powerful adversary threatened 3 regions simultaneously, but the heroes were able to hold off the threats made to those areas. Unfortunately for them, they were so focused on this new foe that a smaller Horde force was able to slip past their defenses. Consequently the Ruins became the first Region to fall.

After a fourth assault, the Horde was able to threaten the Capital City three times through the Fallen Ruins. Our Heroes scrambled to defend the remaining regions, but the Horde was relentless. Countless attack after attack brought our heroes to the ends of their resolve. Out of the struggle though, the Barbarian was able to defend against a Dire Enemy and was rewarded with an Elixir of Errand.

The Horde was held off once again, but the next assault brought terror to the Kingdom and into the hearts of our heroes. This time the Horde brought with them an epic Dragon to bolster their attack on the Mountains. After making a partial recovery in the capital City, the Barbarian was the first to make a move on the Dragon causing significant damage after drinking his Elixir of Errand.

The Horde took advantage of the districation caused by the Barbarian's epic battle with the Dragon and went on an uninterrupted attack (due to a bad shuffling of the Horde deck). This resulted in the Desert falling with the Plains, the Mountains and the Capital City itself not far behind. The Barbarian mounted another assault on the Dragon and brought it to near defeat. But, once again, the Horde took advantage of this and launched another series of undefended attacks which lead to the fall of the Plains and, ulitmately, the fall of the Capital City as well.

The Cleric did his best to defend the Forest from the Horde, but was unable to get a chance to be more effective before the Horde surged forward.

This was first playthrough of TED and I was using the new rules to play a Solo adventure. My first impressions of the game is that it is very straightforward and quick to learn. I did have to consult the rules quite a bit for clarifications, but as there aren't many pages to the rules, it was very easy to find what I was looking for. It wasn't until the fourth turn that I began to really understand how to predict the deck, but by that time it was too late for my Heroes and my Capital City.

Anyway, really fun game. I had a great time playing and I can't wait until I get the completed game and all of the artwork!
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.