Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
upandawaygames.com
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I no longer own this game, but have been trying to remember how a particular rule went. There was, I recall, a general auction of goods, in the early part of the game in Canton, later in Hong Kong. What were the rules around this auction though? My recollection is that bidding was "in the fist" and the player who bid the most got to buy first and as much as he wanted at that price and then the second highest bidder got to do the same, but at his price, and so on?

Can anyone correct or confirm my recollection?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Freedom Rider - Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers
badge
The Brief and Frightening Reign of Phil - George Saunders
mbmbmbmbmb
You've basically got it right, Rick.

Bidding at Canton goes as you suggest, with the only limit being that players must have warehouse capacity for the goods they purchase.

Players have lorchas that they can send to other locations, where the bidding is the same when more than one player has boats present. In this case, the capacity of the lorcha determines how much you can buy.

If players place identical bids, they alternate buying one trade item at a time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
upandawaygames.com
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.