John Morgan
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
On Thursday night we played a six-player game at Denny’s. First I have to say it is difficult to eat and play a six-player game. But if you can juggle food and cards while trying very had not to get food on any of the game parts, it can be done.

For this game we switched out the "Assassin" for the "Witch." The game started out pretty standard, lots of witching and thieving by the former king and his cohort to the left. One player was amassing quite a stock of gold. When I finally got the thief.

Each player other than me had at least 3-4 gold and the one player had about 12. I selected the "Magician" since I use it to hide behind when I have a lot of gold but can’t get (or don’t want to get) the "Architect." Sure enough, he was the one with the gold. I built one building and passed.

On the next turn I took the "Warlord", built the dragon thing (Dragon’s Roost I think) for 6 (but worth 8 at end game), and blasted another players 4 gold building. Now I was back in contention.

On my last play of the game, I took the magician so I could finish first. However, the player I had blasted previously built the last building and stole my bonus. I needed one blue building to get the rainbow bonus and enough points to take the lead. So I traded in all my cards and drew new one. I got one blue but it was a 5 and I only had 2 gold. So I took cards instead of gold and neither of the two cards was blue. I didn’t have enough to build anything in my hand at that point so I lost. But had to take that chance, don’t ya know.

In summary it was a good game all around. I really like playing with the witch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.