Popular Tags: [View All]
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am just curious to know what your typical mix of expansions is when you play Carcassonne.

Do you rarely use the Count? Do you always include both Rivers? Do you only play the Princess and the Dragon with Traders & Builders while you only Play the Tower with Inns & Cathedrals? Do you always play with every available tile even if you don't use all of the features? Does the mix depend on how many players you have? How do you Carcassonne?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I use all of the expansions, all at the same time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
I seldom play Carcassonne now, but we once played with all of them (both rivers, all 4 official expansions, the king, the duke) and it was real fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stven Carlberg
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We use the original Carcassonne with the original farmer scoring and none of the expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
After trying all the expansions, the favourite combo for us is "basic + I&C + T&B".
Have fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Myers
United States
Salem
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It depends. My wife likes NICE Carcassonne while I enjoy both NICE and EVIL Carcassonne. The Nice and Evil descripters are courtesy of my wife.

NICE Carcassonne:
Basic, Inns & Cathedrals, King & Scout, River & River 2, Traders & Builders

EVIL Carcassonne: devil
Everything in NICE plus The Princess & the Dragon, The Tower

We have The Count but do not play with it that often. The first time that we played with The Tower my wife said, I ruined her favorite game and made it evil. I told her that every other game of Carcassonne that I played with her would be NICE Carcassonne. She was reluctant, but finally agreed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
I usually play the gold box version: base game, river 1, Inns & Cathedrals, Builders & Traders. To introduce someone, I'd play the blue box (yes, I have both--the gold was being cleared out of the Wizards' stores, cheap), basic only. I recently recommend, as a children's game, playing basic without fields and farmers to simplify it down to a six-year-old level.

I'll get River 2 eventually to add to the gold box (and get me up to the free shipping level for an internet purchase), but the other expansions just seem to over-complicate a game that's already good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Roeber
United States
Warminster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Everything but the count. We just don't like him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Bredfeldt
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
I have the Blue Box, the river that comes in the blue box, and the City/Count thingie.

Beforehand, we decide if we want to start with the single tile, river, or city. From there, we just play normally.

Will probably get Inns and Cathedrals and that one with the pigs. On the fence about the King and H&G.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
just inns and cafe's but thinking traders and builder is good and liking the sound of dragon

or just sell your basic copy and pic up the city version with the wooden walls thats our most played version

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.