Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yonatan Korem
Israel
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi Guys.

I just finished reading the rules, FAQ and all the posts in the forum. some of my questions were answered by this or that. some questions I didn't get a clear enough answer (i'm very pedantic when it comes to board game rules)

1.Let’s say I have one noble in an area and I want to move a noble into the same area and to start a battle using “Mobilize Forces”. I know that if I combine both armies, I might lose both nobles. Can I transfer forces from one noble to the other, before the battle, so one would stay with very little (or even none – and leave the board) so that I could use “all” the armies without the risk of losing both nobles?

2.This one is a weird question. About bargaining… quite a few of the things in the game you perform “immediately” after getting them, Like Versatile Action cards. Is it o.k. to bargain with someone right after he got his card? “Please don’t attack me… move there and I’ll pay you 2 crowns.)

3.When moving, either with Versatile or Mobilize, I choose an area and I can move all the nobles that can get there? Let’s say I have square noble one area next to the target, the star is on a road – 3 areas away and triangle is 2 areas away and no road. With one card I can move both square and star to the target area?

4.I’m having trouble understanding what happens to regular troops when their noble dies. In the rulebook it states very clearly (even in bold font…) “regular troops are never discarded as casualties”. Do they just go straight to his heir?

I hope that after i play the game tomorrow, i won't have any other questions.

Thanks for any help,
Yonatan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Don't know. Not enough sleep.

2. Yes

3. Yes, consider that the place you are moving to is being activated, and anyone who can get there, can, well, move there. It's a lot like Twilight Imperium III in this regard.

4. Join the club. They go to the Baron's stronghold. They can then be reassigned at the end of the turn to your other nobles or the heir. Though you should check on the timing of that. You may have to assign troops before the heir comes back, costing you a turn. Can't recall off the top of my head.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Young
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
Old Ways Are Best!
badge
Check Six!
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules cover transfer of troops from noble to noble and should answer your question #1. I think you should be able to do what you proposed; however, if you lose the battle and the "left out" noble finds himself all alone, he is removed from the board anyway (but at least he wouldn't be "dead").

The next two questions have been answered.

The rules on what happens when a noble dies are found at the end of the rules section (it might have been handier to have covered it under battle resolution). The only circumstance in which regular troops are lost is when their noble dies without an heir. The noble's successor gets them if there is one (along with titles if you are using the hereditary title option).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Boote
United Kingdom
Virginia Water
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jackofhearts.yk wrote:
Hi Guys.

1.Let’s say I have one noble in an area and I want to move a noble into the same area and to start a battle using “Mobilize Forces”. I know that if I combine both armies, I might lose both nobles. Can I transfer forces from one noble to the other, before the battle, so one would stay with very little (or even none – and leave the board) so that I could use “all” the armies without the risk of losing both nobles?

You can only combine armies if they start together
But they can still fight together (both Nobles are exhausted of course)
Don't get too hung up on 'loosing' Nobles
They just waltz off to the side of the board and come back at the end of the turn

Quote:

2.This one is a weird question. About bargaining… quite a few of the things in the game you perform “immediately” after getting them, Like Versatile Action cards. Is it o.k. to bargain with someone right after he got his card? “Please don’t attack me… move there and I’ll pay you 2 crowns.)

Yes. As long as you don't take too long about it

Quote:

3.When moving, either with Versatile or Mobilize, I choose an area and I can move all the nobles that can get there? Let’s say I have square noble one area next to the target, the star is on a road – 3 areas away and triangle is 2 areas away and no road. With one card I can move both square and star to the target area?

Versatile and Mobilize are DIFFERENT
The Versatile strategy lets you move ONE Noble and ONE Noble ONLY!
Mobilize works exactly as you have described

[/q]
4.I’m having trouble understanding what happens to regular troops when their noble dies. In the rulebook it states very clearly (even in bold font…) “regular troops are never discarded as casualties”. Do they just go straight to his heir?
[/q]
They get put 'off the board'
At the end of the turn they can be assigned to any nobles also off the board, or in the stronghold, or to the stronghold itself

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Albritton
United States
Tupelo
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with everything Chris said except for no. 1.

Nobles can always transfer armies as long as BOTH are unexhausted. So you can move through an army on your way to attack (by road, for example) and pick up some troops from another unexhausted noble (or your stronghold) and keep going.

Note: Any time a noble is found to be without troops, he is immediately removed from the board.

With regards to no. 4, the rules specifically state that after a noble's death, the "Noble's heir (same game piece) takes control of any remaining troops." But, notice that at the end of the turn, (when the heir can come back onto the board), you can freely transfer troops between all off-board nobles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yonatan Korem
Israel
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks everybody.

now things are clearer. in some (as in "all") i come up with these sort of questions. things that are not clearly covered in the rules, but do have some points about them in it. so it's actually up to me to figure them out.
about the first question, i was pretty sure that i can. seeing as the first noble hasn't moved, and the second one is coming in. I just wanted to be sure.
About question "4" - so at the end of every turn, nobles that are off the board can actually pick up troops from the Stronghold and from "loose" troops. that means that look at the stronghold as a troop "bank" of sort. of course it does do other things...

i'll be playing in a couple of hours, and i hope i won't have too many questions afterwards.

Thanks again,
Yonatan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.