Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Martin
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geekauction.php3?action=viewauc...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
June King
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
Bring me her heart in this box.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm frightened by the fact that someone actually bid for this, Robert. Now you're going to have to pack it and ship it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmb
I'm going to need a Nortorized win/loss record of the wearer to validate it's authenticity as a Diplomacy luck charm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thee Insidius Doktor Glaze & His Sidekick Donut Boy with the Amazing Monkeytime Dancers Ooh!
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I_have_heard_the_mermaids_singing,_each_to_each. I_do_not_think_that_they_will_sing_to_me... We_have_lingered_in_the_chambers_of_the_sea By_sea_girls_wreathed_with_seaweed_red_and_brown Till_human_voices_wake_us,_and_we_drown
mbmbmbmbmb
I am SO in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Hunt
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Un-frickin-believeable!!!

I was outbid!!!

Curse you, Herr Doktor!!! surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Martin
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You see, this is no mere good luck charm. After all, we're talking about a no-luck game, so what use would a good luck charm be? No, my friend - I can confidently say without fear of overstating my case that this necklace will revolutionize the game of Diplomacy for all time to come.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thee Insidius Doktor Glaze & His Sidekick Donut Boy with the Amazing Monkeytime Dancers Ooh!
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I_have_heard_the_mermaids_singing,_each_to_each. I_do_not_think_that_they_will_sing_to_me... We_have_lingered_in_the_chambers_of_the_sea By_sea_girls_wreathed_with_seaweed_red_and_brown Till_human_voices_wake_us,_and_we_drown
mbmbmbmbmb
bwa-Haaa haaaa hahaa!

Oh yes. And with this ancient artifact of gaming power, I shall set donette-gems into the fixtures and FOREVER RULE THE EARTH! My MonkeyTime Dancers shall enslave humanity!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Martin
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not going to make any outlandish claims, but the power of this necklace could very well extend far beyond the game of Diplomacy - perhaps even beyond the boundaries of the known universe. Think of the possibilities: time travel, invisibility, laser vision - they could all be yours for less than the price of a cup of coffee. Act now before it's too late!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Hunt
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Well, if it extends to increasing my ability as a budding Wizard, or a Runner, I must strike back at the good Doktor...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh! CURSES! Foiled again!

I'll get you next time, Hunt!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
United States
Carpentersville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How about Colors out of Space or Time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Martin
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Only one way to find out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Inno Van
United States
San Francisco/East Bay
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
>Only one way to find out

Well, you could make your own paperclip and scotch tape necklace in under 2 minutes.

The problem is, after you made it, you'd have to actually wear it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rob,

Do we get to see a picture of the actual fabled necklace on sale.. or would it be too much for our tiny minds to comprehend??

I feel confident in my sanity checks, but I'm only really used to dealing with cthuloid horrors...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Barylski
United States
Winchester
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Innovan wrote:
Well, you could make your own paperclip and scotch tape necklace in under 2 minutes.

And you could paint a happy face and call it the Mona Lisa. A cheap facsimile is all you would have. This is a famous long-lost artifact of geekdom, don't you understand?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Cappello
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Rob,

If you found that at 128 Throckmorton Avenue in Nibblemybum, Georgia, it's mine. Kindly return it to me. I lost it there in my youth, except I swear I was playing Rock'em Sock'em Robots that day. I never lost at that game until that fateful day.

I mean, c'mon, my buddy who lived there couldn't even read, for God's sake - why would he even own Diplomacy? If it's from the house across the street, well, go figure. What are the odds?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Kob
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Pretenders all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sullivan
United States
Novi
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope the winner of the auction gets the artifact appraised and insured. In general I'm against private ownership of pieces of historical importance such as this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
You and the Cap'n make it hap'n
mbmbmbmbmb
Moon Knight wrote:
Pretenders all.

Moon Knight, bitches.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Hunt
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
simonh wrote:
Un-frickin-believeable!!!

I was outbid!!!

Curse you, Herr Doktor!!! surprise

Twice!! In one day? Outbid, yet again!!!

I cannot believe my eyes!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Martin
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Innovan wrote:

You could, but you'd need a 1961 edition of Diplomacy, an abandoned house, and about 40 years to make one like this...

As far as displaying a picture of the necklace, I'm going to leave that to the winner of the auction. I can tell you that it looks absolutely nothing like either of those pictured. In fact, I didn't even know it was made from paperclips until I examined it closely. This person had some real skill. Not to mention all the special powers it comes with. Can your paperclip necklace do that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Libby
United States
Middletown
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Diplomacy was supposedly Henry Kissinger's favorite game. Could it have been his? Wow, the possibilities are simply endless!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Martin
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually I could see Henry Kissinger wearing this thing. Word is he was kind of a player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arcadian Del Sol
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The oldest known 'diplomacy neclace' was unearhed in 1976 during an exploratory dig in Egypt's Valley of the Kings. Sirhan Spaga-teeos is certain that this neclace is the oldest known Diplomacy Necklace ever found, as it bears the watermark of the great NephraCheati on the clasp.

Sadly, the neclace was lost during a provincial tour of small towns in the US, thought to have been lost for ever.

Could this indeed be the great necklace of NephraCheati?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teh Slipperboy
United States
Allen Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It must be mine! Quickly my minions, begin submitting all those photos that I might have enough GG to crush my opposition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.