Popular Tags: [View All]
jose silva

Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
Artocarpus heterophyllus
mbmbmbmbmb
There are 5 sea cards in the game, and you get 1 for each 7 seas ( 7, 14, 21, 28 and 35). Since each color only comes with 17 ship pieces, how do you get cards 3, 4 and 5 ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Fisk
United Kingdom
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Come on you Seagulls! Sami Hyppia's Blue & White army!
badge
That's weird. This bit used to mention Shire Games, and tell you all how wonderful we are. But it seems to have got deleted. Let's see what happens this time ....
mbmbmbmbmb
One player will never occupy more than 17 seas.

However, 5 players could all be in 7 seas each, and there go your cards!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Wilson
United States
Northampton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you mean "no player will conquer 14 seas", but actually, it's possible on at least one side of the game board.

Remember, too, that it's a "trigger" --- one is awarded the card the instant that number of sea spaces is occupied.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jose silva

Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
Artocarpus heterophyllus
mbmbmbmbmb
my understanding of the rules seems to be wrong. What I thought was the game only gave the seven seas card for the first who build 7 seas. The next would have to get 14 seas. the same would be true for the cities. but i guess I was wrong

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You were playing incorrectly. Each player can conquer 7 seas and get a card. If anyone reaches 14, they get another one. etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Clark
United States
Holyoke
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Remember, too, that it's a "trigger" --- one is awarded the card the instant that number of sea spaces is occupied.

Not quite. Personalities are awarded at the end of the player's turn, so if you have 14 ships in 14 different spaces but move one before your turn is finished, you don't get a Navigator!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Wilson
United States
Northampton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Numskull wrote:
Quote:

Not quite. Personalities are awarded at the end of the player's turn, so if you have 14 ships in 14 different spaces but move one before your turn is finished, you don't get a Navigator!

Ooops. Eric is correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.