Popular Tags: canada [+] [View All]
J R
Canada
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All

We had a good turn out for the hottest night of the year, with nine players, including two newbees – Paul and Andrew. The air conditioner was working this week, though it was still pretty hot inside too.

We divided up into two groups, which ended up being those playing Settles of Catan, and others. The others (Heather, Angus and Sean played:

Tsuro – Angus and Sean tied (sorry, no juicy details, Sean or Angus can fill any in)

Ticket to Ride Europe – This was pretty much a duel between Angus and Sean. Angus got the longest route, but it was not enough to win.

Family Business – Everyone ganged up on Angus, and true to form Angus got his revenge on … everyone, including Tara and Seth. Angus took this one.

I think Angus and Sean need to have a rubber match.

At the Settlers table, Tara and Seth played tag team against myself, Duane and Paul for the first game, using the basic set-up. Tara rolled whenever Seth needed a 7 to cut Paul’s deck down. This was a very tight game, that I won with to victory point cards plus the longest road, just in time, as Duane was about to take the longest road from me on the next turn.

Andrew wanted to give Settlers a try, so we played a second time, with Duane, Paul and myself rounding out the game. This time we played the random set-up. Duane got cornered and was only able to build 3 settlements, but he was able to affect the rest of the game, entirely to my detriment (something about me placing the robber first on his sheep farm with a 6, and two settlements on it – oh, and 6 got rolled a lot until the robber got moved). Otherwise this was a very close game between the other 3. Andrew was 1 card short of winning on his turn, and next up Paul cashed in on his lumberyard and was able to steel the longest road from Andrew, winning the game.

Cheers,
The General

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.