GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,529 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
13 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Cruel Necessity» Forums » News

Subject: Poll up on the VPG website rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Welch
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
My good friend and great designer Hermann Luttmann posted this on the Dawn of the Zeds page and I thought I repost it here:

"As you may have heard (or not), Hunted Cow Studios and Victory Point Games have entered into a deal to convert some of VPG's solitaire games into apps! Well, you can vote on which games you'd like to see converted first in this poll:"

http://www.victorypointgames.com/news/vpg-hunted-cow-pressre...

If you'd like to see Cruel Necessity converted to an app game head over to the website and vote.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian S.
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
01010011 01001000 01000001 01001100 01001100 00100000 01010111 01000101 00100000 01010000 01001100 01000001 01011001 00100000 01000001 00100000 01000111 01000001 01001101 01000101 00111111
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the full URL for the poll page:

http://www.victorypointgames.com/news/vpg-hunted-cow-pressre...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed that Zulu was on the list...there's already an app for that game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Gingras

Weymouth
Massachusetts
msg tools
mbmbmb
The app for Zulu has a horrible interface, so hopefully this is an option for do over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Gerspacher
Germany
Trier
Deutschland
flag msg tools
mbmb
Who needs apps for games which you can play with physical components and are solitary designs anyway? What is the benefit of such an app? Why shall people play (board-)games on small screens? Is it an advantage to pay for a game you already have twice? Is it really necessary to have all my games available everywhere? I worry about that VPG (or other game companies like GMT) will only produce apps in the near future and stop to produce physical games. I don't need those apps... But call me old-fashioned... :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kennedy
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
thomsa wrote:
Who needs apps for games which you can play with physical components and are solitary designs anyway? What is the benefit of such an app? Why shall people play (board-)games on small screens? Is it an advantage to pay for a game you already have twice? Is it really necessary to have all my games available everywhere? I worry about that VPG (or other game companies like GMT) will only produce apps in the near future and stop to produce physical games. I don't need those apps... But call me old-fashioned... :-)

VPG has a lot of titles and many happy customers. However, as a business, it needs revenue to continue to keep their customers (like you) happy. There are many more customers who would possibly buy their product if they are presented in a digital format. Given VPG's deep catalogue of solitaire games, it makes a lot of business sense if these products were made available in a digital format. If VPG and Hunted Cow are successful and the venture is mutually profitable, that will be good for everyone, including you.

I guess it is conceivable if the venture were spectacularly successful, the day may come when revenue from digital ventures overshadows boardgames. Let us pray that dilemma confronts VPG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.