Subject: Sloppy Rogue Wording?... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keebler Powell
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
When fielded, capture an opposing action die from the used pile or reserve pool. When Rogue attacks, you may use that action for free (with no bursts). Return it to the used pile after the attack step.

When would I ever be able to field this character at a time when my opponent would have an action in their reserve pool for me to capture?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Who
msg tools
mb
very rarely
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Bielefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It says action die, not action. So I think if your opponent rolled energy on a basic action/Mjolnir/Vibranium Shield die and saved that in his reserve pool you could capture it with Rogue and use the corresponding action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Thompson
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The only way this would happen is if there is a way to field characters on your opponent's turn, or if there is an ability that puts dice into the reserve pool directly when taking damage. Any action die must go to the Used Pile at the end of turn. It doesn't stay there for the duration of the opponent's turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keebler Powell
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
Shelfwear wrote:
It says action die, not action. So I think if your opponent rolled energy on a basic action/Mjolnir/Vibranium Shield die and saved that in his reserve pool you could capture it with Rogue and use the corresponding action.

Glad I asked! Never would have thought of this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McFarland
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shelfwear wrote:

I'm afraid this isn't correct. Per the rules, dice are considered to be what their face is when in the Reserve or Field (though dice in the Prep Area, bag or Used Pile are always characters or actions). Probably won't make you like Rogue much more, but if nothing else it creates a denial strategy simply by being there.

Quote:
Rolled dice in the field or in your reserve pool are considered to be whatever their face is. If you have a Sidekick die in the reserve pool showing energy, then it’s an energy die. If you have a Sidekick showing the character face in your field, then it’s a character die.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Bielefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, you're right. Didnt thought of that. I guess this is another question for the upoming FAQ then as I dont see how Rogue else could capture action dice from the opponents reserve pool. I dont know if they have included possibilities from future expansions or just designed Rogue and forgot their the "dice type is what it shows" rule. Maybe Wizkids comes up with the "golden rule", that card text always supercedes basic rules?!?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave M
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shelfwear wrote:
Yeah, you're right. Didnt thought of that. I guess this is another question for the upoming FAQ then as I dont see how Rogue else could capture action dice from the opponents reserve pool. I dont know if they have included possibilities from future expansions or just designed Rogue and forgot their the "dice type is what it shows" rule. Maybe Wizkids comes up with the "golden rule", that card text always supercedes basic rules?!?

They DO have that rule.

It's also possible that they were "future-proofing" her for scenarios when for some reason an action die can be saved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.