1 Posts

The Supreme Commander» Forums » Variants

Subject: Minor Variant for Italy in Africa rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Fox
United States
flag msg tools
Fear cannot be banished, but it can be calm and without panic; it can be mitigated by reason and evaluation.
A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals, and you know it.
In the games I've played so far, I've started ignoring the Italian units in Africa in favor of skipping straight to invading Italy itself.

The major reason for this is that Italy has no MSP locations in Africa, so there isn't much of a reason for the Allies to root Italy out of Africa once they create a stalemate situation.

Here is a minor change I made to the rules to give the Allies a little extra incentive to kick Italy out of Africa.

17.7.1 Italian Collapse
If the Allies physically occupy two MSP locations in Italy’s
home country, Italy collapses. If Italy was made an Active
Major Power due to a DoW on it or if Italy controls any city in Africa (which includes Egypt, Libya, Tunisia, Algeria, or Morocco), one of these MSP locations must be Rome.

I don't feel this is a necessary change, just a variant if you feel Africa could use a little strategic boost in importance.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.