Popular Tags: [View All]
laudemar gonzalez
Canada
toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Please feel free to use/publish any/all of my variants in this thread.

I'll start off this thread with my favourite ship:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Queen Anne's Revenge (It "belonged" to the famous pirate Blackbeard)

Meeple/Colonist cost: 2

Coin/VP you get: 0 (Zero)

Whenever you destroy a ship, get one coin/Victory Point.
Whenever you attack in the open seas, you get one free cube.
__________________________________________________________________________________

As you can see, it is cheap, gives you no coins/VPs when you launch it, but grants TWO bonuses/rewards instead of one.
It's the only ship that guarantees that you will earn for attacking the unfortified. Very pirate-like. arrrh

HERE THEY ARE IN ALL THEIR UNOFFICIAL, CAMPY GLORY. HAVE FUN!

PLEASE NOTE: THE QUALITY QUARRY IS PLAYED LIKE A BUILDING AND IS DESTROYED IF ITS FORT IS DESTROYED.
HOWEVER, IT IS NOT AFFECTED BY ANY POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE EFFECTS THAT TARGET BUILDINGS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Brusky
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: FUN VARIANT ships, forts and buildings.
I like it! If I do another batch of promo cards for the game I'll definitely consider this one. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
laudemar gonzalez
Canada
toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Thanks for the kind words, Kevin.

Just in case you're interested, I also design Board games. One of my games is Rex Nemorensis. It is available as a Print-and-play game right here at this site.

I've designed three others (which have not been published): Rozwell Revisited, Ostentation and Cropdusters. They're all done and fully beta-tested. I've been looking for a publisher for years, but no one will give me the time of day. Please let me know if you're interested (I live in Toronto, Canada).

Your company is relatively new, and this is why I am sharing this. My games can be produced cheaply and have overlapping parts. They could even be sold as a 3-for-one.

At the risk of blowing my own horn, the games give me the same "fun" feeling that Island Siege does. That's why I like Dan's game. He's my kind of gamer. Cheers.

Just so this post is not deleted for shameless self-promotion, here's another variant ship:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HMS Pearl 1708 (Liutenant Robert Maynard's ship - he defeated Blackbeard)

Meeple/Colonist cost: 3

Coin/Vp: 1

Whenever you roll a steering wheel, you may destroy an enemy ship.
When you destroy "Queen Anne's Revenge", gain 3 coins/VPs.
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Naturally, this ship really pays off if/when you destroy Queen Anne's Revenge. Imagine the bragging rights!
Again, two bonuses/abilities and very much in keeping with the Carribean theme.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
laudemar gonzalez
Canada
toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Here's a variant fort:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Fort Freedom

Can hold only 2 colonists and has only 3 square spaces.

When you build it, use one cube of each colour from the general supply.*
If inhabited when destroyed, you gain 1 coin/VP per colonist in it.

The square spaces on the card are vertically adjacent (in line, perpendicular to the sea).

* If there isn't at least one cube of each colour available in the general supply, the fort cannot be built!

The main feature of this fort is that you can build it fully for free. This is great when you don't have any cubes and desperately need to stop your opponent from reaping the easy rewards of open sea attacks.

The big downside, of course, is that you cannot earn coins/VP by using cubes from your own supply. Another drawback is that it is only 3-cubes strong.

However, the arrangement of the squares means that it won't be an easy nut to crack, and, when it does fall, you'll get a small compensation if there is at least one colonist on it. This makes it a very unattractive target, thus increasing its chances of survival.

The newly-freed plantation slaves manning this fort know the value of freedom! (And, since they started working for themselves, have stashed away some money too!).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
laudemar gonzalez
Canada
toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Here's a building many would like to visit.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
House of Pleasure

Requires 3 colonists to build.

When you build it, you get 1 coin/VP.

Whenever your opponent earns money, he must give you one of the coins/VPs that he just earned.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Be sure to build it within a strong fort.
It's quite a money-maker because men cannot live on bread alone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
laudemar gonzalez
Canada
toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mb
I wanted to bump this thread. I hope you guys like my cards. Cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.