Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
19 Posts

Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » General

Subject: When is rebel aces due out ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Beal
Australia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wondering what date this is due out
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Barber
Canada
Windsor
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Unapologetic Continual Troublemaker!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Rik Biel wrote:
Just wondering what date this is due out


According to the Fantasy Flight website, August 31st. I can't wait that long!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I might buy two . . .
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JD Dibrell
United States
Klamath Falls
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I ordered mine thru spikeybits with store credit so I hope it's early rather than late. I'm really looking forward to running a pair of A-Wings up the flank as disruption while my heavy hitters come up the center. I have one A as it is but just can't really afford another right now.... so I wait for the aces.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
red_starrise wrote:
I ordered mine thru spikeybits with store credit so I hope it's early rather than late. I'm really looking forward to running a pair of A-Wings up the flank as disruption while my heavy hitters come up the center. I have one A as it is but just can't really afford another right now.... so I wait for the aces.


Your opponent will probably enjoy you splitting up too
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Gillespie
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
It's very likely to have an early release at GenCon while the rest of the world wait two or three weeks after that to get them.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron D
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
Mercury is my dog's name.
badge
I like hats.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
reverendunclebastard wrote:
Rik Biel wrote:
Just wondering what date this is due out


According to the Fantasy Flight website, August 31st. I can't wait that long!


There is nothing on the FFG website that says August 31 as far as I can tell. On the Upcoming page, they only say that it will come out in Q3, which could be any time up to September 30. Also, a Sunday release date (like August 31) is really unlikely. Most of the X-Wing street dates have been Thursdays anyway.

Early speculation was that it would be released in July given information on some of the retailer sell-sheets, but that seems unlikely now. I'm betting it comes out right around Gen Con.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JD Dibrell
United States
Klamath Falls
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Osoroshii wrote:
It's very likely to have an early release at GenCon while the rest of the world wait two or three weeks after that to get them.


Agreed. Sadly. I hate conventions tbh because living in Oregon I very rarely get to attend any of them and they always end up monkeying with release schedules. I feel like I've been exiled to Siberia for offending a member of the Politburo.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
red_starrise wrote:
Osoroshii wrote:
It's very likely to have an early release at GenCon while the rest of the world wait two or three weeks after that to get them.


Agreed. Sadly. I hate conventions tbh because living in Oregon I very rarely get to attend any of them and they always end up monkeying with release schedules. I feel like I've been exiled to Siberia for offending a member of the Politburo.


I think they probably make more game companies rush than procrastinate.

You're probably closer to more conventions than maine

Not that I want to pay for the chance to wait in line and pay msrp for new games!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Haglund
Sweden
Göteborg
Västra Götaland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
One OLGS near me has it listed as July 25th. No idea where they got that from though.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kraft
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Frankysan wrote:
One OLGS near me has it listed as July 25th. No idea where they got that from though.


Dont think thats gonna happen since Rebel Aces is still at the printer status on FFG page.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davyd A
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
scifiantihero wrote:
red_starrise wrote:
Osoroshii wrote:
It's very likely to have an early release at GenCon while the rest of the world wait two or three weeks after that to get them.


Agreed. Sadly. I hate conventions tbh because living in Oregon I very rarely get to attend any of them and they always end up monkeying with release schedules. I feel like I've been exiled to Siberia for offending a member of the Politburo.


I think they probably make more game companies rush than procrastinate.

You're probably closer to more conventions than maine

Not that I want to pay for the chance to wait in line and pay msrp for new games!


Both of you are closer to Indianapolis than I am, and (huge bonus!) don't have to deal with US Customs - so if I can make it, you can!

Big cons do throw monkey wrenches into release schedules, it's true, as retailers divert resources to get the Con Stuff finished, letting other things slide for a couple weeks on either side of the con itself. So I can sympathise.

But yeah, I do expect to see Rebel Aces at GenCon, and figure to use a VIG pass to get in that queue early, whilst it's short - and save money by only paying US MSRP.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Vagabond Elf wrote:
scifiantihero wrote:
red_starrise wrote:
Osoroshii wrote:
It's very likely to have an early release at GenCon while the rest of the world wait two or three weeks after that to get them.


Agreed. Sadly. I hate conventions tbh because living in Oregon I very rarely get to attend any of them and they always end up monkeying with release schedules. I feel like I've been exiled to Siberia for offending a member of the Politburo.


I think they probably make more game companies rush than procrastinate.

You're probably closer to more conventions than maine

Not that I want to pay for the chance to wait in line and pay msrp for new games!


Both of you are closer to Indianapolis than I am, and (huge bonus!) don't have to deal with US Customs - so if I can make it, you can!

Big cons do throw monkey wrenches into release schedules, it's true, as retailers divert resources to get the Con Stuff finished, letting other things slide for a couple weeks on either side of the con itself. So I can sympathise.

But yeah, I do expect to see Rebel Aces at GenCon, and figure to use a VIG pass to get in that queue early, whilst it's short - and save money by only paying US MSRP.


Buy three!!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
"Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life." ♯ ♩ ♫ ♪ - Beethoven
badge
---------ViSiT---------- ------------------------- DockingBay416.com -------------------------- ----------for some---------- -------------------------- -------STAR--------- -------WARS-------- --------------------- ------l-o-v-e--------
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been looking forward to rebel aces more than wave 4 or 5! It's killing me!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Swampy Crocker
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a fellow Mainer I can confirm this. We do get PortCon and PAX East at least. Too bad Maine GameCon is looking to be a bust this year.

I was going to suggest you like the Star Wars X-wing Miniatures Maine facebook page. However recognizing your name when I checked the posts, I assume you already have. I happen to be co-admin.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
SwampMonster wrote:
As a fellow Mainer I can confirm this. We do get PortCon and PAX East at least. Too bad Maine GameCon is looking to be a bust this year.

I was going to suggest you like the Star Wars X-wing Miniatures Maine facebook page. However recognizing your name when I checked the posts, I assume you already have. I happen to be co-admin.


Thanks, yeah, I've liked that group. It's hard to schedule trips out to south-west Maine for me, but I'd like to find people to play with sometime. I wish it would pick up more in the capital area.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aussie Helaman
msg tools
I have pre-ordered just the one box.

It adds to my existing A and B wings (1 each).

That will give me
4 x-wings, 2 Z-95, 2 Y wings, 2 A-wings and 2 B-wings... oh and the YT-1300 and a just ordered E-Wing.

Thats more than enough to field a decent force and as I bought the game to be played as a group thing -2 or 3 per side- that should be enough.

That is off set by my recent order for the imps.

7 Ties, 4 interceptors (inc. the Imp aces), 1 adv, 2 bombers, a Firespray and a Shuttle.

I can't help feeling like I am light on the Imps but don't want to invest in the Defender or Phantom. Not sure what else to buy for the Imps though. Another Bomber? Another Adv. Tie ? Its not about tournament play - its about having a good game.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott C
United States
Troy
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Helaman wrote:
I can't help feeling like I am light on the Imps but don't want to invest in the Defender or Phantom. Not sure what else to buy for the Imps though. Another Bomber? Another Adv. Tie ? Its not about tournament play - its about having a good game.

You said you play as a group with 2 or 3 on a side.. Do you keep to 100 points per side? If not, I'd recommend another interceptor or two because everybody loves playing them in my experience.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen T
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another firespray/shuttle, or a third bomber. The problem is that three bombers leads to four bombers- it was hard for me to get a squad with three bombers that wouldn't be better with four or two. Another regular Interceptor is an option too- I assume you have one Aces and two regular? You probably won't ever use 5 at once, but you might use three Alphas, and without printing you might want those extra cards.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.