143 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 

Two Rooms and a Boom» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: 2R1B PBF #83: Moscow Round 1 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Niccolo Machiavelli
United States
I am where I need to be when I need to be.
flag msg tools
“A prince must imitate the fox and the lion, for the lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves."
badge
A life, some would argue, is a series of problems. There’s no denying the truth in that – but why get lost in it? Why not rise above the truth… and lead a good life? Shouldn’t we all look at problems as a chance for us to find… solutions?
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the Moscow comrades!

Players starting in Moscow Round 1:

namyzarc
mmazala
FATNOOB
Borgoto
CraigRJ
interessovat
ranapuer
nolemonplease
SailingChris

Starting leader
Spoiler (click to reveal)
None

Lenin is dead. In a short while the streets are crowded with people. All are in the grip of a great sorrow. Workers—men and women—stream from the factories to the center of the city, Here they stand silent, as if crushed beneath the weight of a heavy load.

The Somber mood requires all to allow Lenin to remain the focus of the city. No one may Public Reveal this round. However public color reveals are allowed.

Room, please elect a leader and choose FOUR PERSONS to transfer from MOSCOW to LENINGRAD. Leader, bold that you've chosen hostages to the room thread, and PM me your choices. In addition you must send me your executive decision(choose one) and any conditionals, including preference of transfers, in the case that your chosen transfers are not viable.

Your deadline to do this is Tuesday, 10:00 BGG time (CST).

Executive Decisions for Round One:

Default - Usher in the end of the mourning period of Lenin. Players may public reveal once more.

Extend Mourning - Extend the mourning period of the great revolutionary and the father of the Bolshevik Revolution. Players may not public reveal in this room.

Issue revolutionary garb - All citizens will respect the fallen leader by wearing outfits signifying their fervor for the Revolution. Players may not public color reveal or color share.

If you have a rules or role question, geekmail me.

Please remember: All players assigned into a room MUST NOT CHEAT and look at the other room's thread. They may only read and post in their assigned room and chambers.

Locked Votes: Due to the nature of Lobbyist and other roles in this game, Locked Votes may not be unlocked during the round, unless a power forces them to re-lock a vote.

Final Roleset
More Rules
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niccolo Machiavelli
United States
flag msg tools
“A prince must imitate the fox and the lion, for the lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves."
badge
A life, some would argue, is a series of problems. There’s no denying the truth in that – but why get lost in it? Why not rise above the truth… and lead a good life? Shouldn’t we all look at problems as a chance for us to find… solutions?
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: PBF #83: Moscow Round 1
You may now post.

DEPARTING FROM US, COMRADE LENIN ENJOINED US TO GUARD AND STRENGTHEN THE DICTATORSHIP OF THE PROLETARIAT. WE VOW TO YOU, COMRADE LENIN, THAT WE SHALL SPARE NO EFFORT TO FULFIL THIS BEHEST, TOO, WITH HONOUR!

The public eulogy concludes and the politicking begins.

The Somber mood requires all to allow Lenin to remain the focus of the city. No one may Public Reveal this round. However public color reveals are allowed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caitlin
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Who took the Bomp from the Bompalompalomp? Who took the Ram from the Ramalamading dong?
mbmbmbmbmb
Morning!

Please remember about the anointed, and more importantly the lobbied condition. I think both of these happen on color shares!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caitlin
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Who took the Bomp from the Bompalompalomp? Who took the Ram from the Ramalamading dong?
mbmbmbmbmb
Vote Caitlin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christine Lawrence
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
The honey badger is really pretty badass. It has no regard for any other animal whatsoever. Look at him, he's just grunting, and eating snakes. Eew! What's that? A mouse? Oh that's nasty.
badge
But look! The honey badger doesn't care! It's getting stung like a thousand times. It doesn't give a $#%^. It's just hungry. It doesn't care about being stung by bees. Nothing can stop the honey badger when it's hungry. What a crazy @&#%!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everyone!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boonta Frederickson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everyone! Excited to begin my first 2R1B campaign!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
Beep! Boop!
badge
Boop! Boing!
mbmbmbmbmb
Citizens! Friends!

The weight of the nation is resting upon all of our shoulders. WE are the pillars that maintain society, we are the proletariat!

Rise up Citizens and embrace the truth, we are the greatest nation of this world!

remember the strength of your mother.

When we hang the capitalist, they will sell us the rope we use.

talk to me Citizens. Here,it takes more courage to retreat than to go forward.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Johnson
United Kingdom
Boston
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rise up Citizens and throw off the oppressive yoke of anarchy by making the only voting decision that makes sense now, for your descendants, and for the very future of this nation, and the world.

Vote CraigRJ

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boonta Frederickson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vote FATNOOB

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rana Puer
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all,

As mentioned in the sign-up post, I will be unavailable for most of today. I can post and talk for the next two hours or so, but after that I have a big day at work. I'll be back at 11PM (around 12 hours from now) to finish up whichever conversations I've started. I'll have better availability for the rest of the week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niccolo Machiavelli
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
VOTES: Using longest last held vote method.

Current Leader: None

Nolemonplease: Nolemonplease (1)
CraigRJ: CraigRJ (2)
FATNOOB: FATNOOB (3)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
Beep! Boop!
badge
Boop! Boing!
mbmbmbmbmb
To all those who would present themselves as leader, please tell us what decision you plan to take for us all and I may support you. We need some promises.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Johnson
United Kingdom
Boston
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whisper ranapuer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rochelle
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Murph. You have to talk to me, Murph. I have to fix this, before I go.
badge
I'll keep it broken so you have to stay.
mbmbmbmbmb
[Vote Caitlin]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Johnson
United Kingdom
Boston
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Borgoto wrote:
To all those who would present themselves as leader, please tell us what decision you plan to take for us all and I may support you. We need some promises.

I would extend the period of mourning for our dearly beloved and much missed leader. One day is clearly not enough time to spend in contemplation of his great works and how we can better ourselves.

Whisper borgoto

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Johnson
United Kingdom
Boston
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FATNOOB wrote:

Welcome to the revolution!

Whisper FATNOOB

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boonta Frederickson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CraigRJ wrote:
FATNOOB wrote:

Whisper FATNOOB

Whisper CraigRJ

Offer Card Share to CraigRJ

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rochelle
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Future Machiavellian wrote:
VOTES: Using longest last held vote method.

Current Leader: None

Nolemonplease: Nolemonplease (1) interessovat (4)
CraigRJ: CraigRJ (2)
FATNOOB: FATNOOB (3)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
Beep! Boop!
badge
Boop! Boing!
mbmbmbmbmb
Whisper Craig

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rana Puer
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
also, a few questions for us first-timers

1. If someone whispers to you, are you allowed to whisper back in secret, or do you have to bold-post in the topic that you responded to his or her message?

2. If someone offers you a card share within a whisper, are you allowed to reveal your card in the very first response, or do you have to confirm intention to card share, wait for their card, then send your card?

3. When you card share with someone, can you do it secretly within a whisper, or do you have to make a bold post in the topic indicating the card share?

thanks all

to cover my bases, whisper CraigRJ (and I will reveal that I have not done and card sharing just yet until I am confident in the answers to the second and third questions above).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Johnson
United Kingdom
Boston
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FATNOOB wrote:
CraigRJ wrote:
FATNOOB wrote:

Whisper FATNOOB

Whisper CraigRJ

Offer Card Share to CraigRJ

Accepted

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Johnson
United Kingdom
Boston
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ranapuer wrote:

1. If someone whispers to you, are you allowed to whisper back in secret, or do you have to bold-post in the topic that you responded to his or her message?

2. If someone offers you a card share within a whisper, are you allowed to reveal your card in the very first response, or do you have to confirm intention to card share, wait for their card, then send your card?

3. When you card share with someone, can you do it secretly within a whisper, or do you have to make a bold post in the topic indicating the card share?

thanks all

to cover my bases, whisper CraigRJ (and I will reveal that I have not done and card sharing just yet until I am confident in the answers to the second and third questions above).

1 - You have to post in bold in the thread that you have whispered back - so whilst the contents of your whispers are secret, the fact that you've whispered is not.

2 - No-one can offer a card share in a whisper, whether bolded or not. The only offer that counts is a public post on the main thread, and it must be bolded to be legit (some people have been known to post offers without bold to fool people into giving up intel).

3 - This also has to be public that it has been done
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rochelle
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ranapuer wrote:

thanks all

Hi Rana!

1. Any time you send a GM, you are supposed to accompany it by the bolded whisper action, whether or not it is a reply.
2/3. If someone offers a card share, it must be bolded in the thread. If they offer a card share in a whisper, it's not official. If you want to accept it, you must bold that you have done so. At that point, the order of who sends the card when doesn't matter, but you send it bolded in a GM.

Does that help?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rana Puer
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Does that help?

Absolutely. Thanks Rochelle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rochelle
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ranapuer wrote:
Quote:
Does that help?

Absolutely. Thanks Rochelle.

No problem! Good to see you playing here!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.