Black Gold» Forums » Rules

Subject: 2 questions: Overflow rule and train vs truck movement rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Schwarz
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. The check for overflow phase occurs after the the oil sale phase. Does this mean that a player can transport perhaps 4 plumes (if they have that number of active derricks) and then sell all 4 plumes, hence avoiding any overflow. The tanks at the oil companies only hold 2 plumes per player. I would have thought that any more than two transported and stored are overflow immediately.

2. Is there any order as too what you must move first - truck or train? Can I move my train up then my truck to take in order to build on wells now available?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Alexopoulos
United States
Clifton Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OzBoss wrote:
1. The check for overflow phase occurs after the the oil sale phase. Does this mean that a player can transport perhaps 4 plumes (if they have that number of active derricks) and then sell all 4 plumes, hence avoiding any overflow. The tanks at the oil companies only hold 2 plumes per player. I would have thought that any more than two transported and stored are overflow immediately.

2. Is there any order as too what you must move first - truck or train? Can I move my train up then my truck to take in order to build on wells now available?

1. If a player has 4 derricks, he must take an oil plume from EACH derrick and transport them to market (or spill them on the ground losing it). See page 12 under Extract & Transport Oil. Players DO NOT choose whether or not to extract oil. A player may want to place all oil plumes extracted and transported to market in one storage tank. That way, when he wins the bid and sells his oil it will be a good haul.

2. There is no order to movement of your truck and train. You can move your truck first, then your train or visa versa. Trucks cannot move any further once you've built a derrick. See page 8 under Prospect and Drill For Oil.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Schwarz
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Eric,

I was confused by 2 plume limit for each tank. But from you are saying I can sell all four of my transported plumes at one company and not lose any to overflow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Alexopoulos
United States
Clifton Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OzBoss wrote:
Thanks Eric,
I was confused by 2 plume limit for each tank. But from you are saying I can sell all four of my transported plumes at one company and not lose any to overflow.

That is correct. The storage limit is checked AFTER the Selling Oil Phase is complete. Any amount of plumes can be transported to a company's storage tank. You can choose to sell all or a portion of the oil you have with a company as long as you win the bid. The storage limit hits home if you lose the bid with a large amount of oil. If you lost the bid and you have 5 plumes in that company's storage tank, then you'll have to eliminate three plumes to bring you down to the storage limit of 2. You would get only $1,000 for each plume removed (total of $3,000 in this case). See page 14 under Check For Overflow. You'll most likely lose money if you remove plumes due to the storage limit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.