Hide
15 Posts

A Touch of Evil: The Supernatural Game» Forums » General

Subject: What are the "road block" tokens? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Waste MaLife
msg tools
So I went though the boxes and couldn't find a token for road blocks? Is there suposed to be one.. we justed used one of the "letter" tokens... but be cool if there was a real road block token?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Buman
United States
Harlan
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the directions I believe it is suggested that you use a militia marker turned upside down to represent a road block. I agree an actual road block marker would be cool!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Nance
msg tools
Yeah, the directions suggest you use an upside-down Militia token.

Remember: when the Shadow Track passes up or down into a new Stage (crosses a white line), the Blocked Road token is removed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markococo
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I used the skull and bones side of (I think it's) the Hauntings tokens from The Coast (if you've got that expansion) - worked nicely and looked pretty good on the board.

Kevin, where does it say about removing the blocked road token when the shadow track crosses into a new stage?

I couldnt find that rule anywhere but am haopy to remove it if it stops the spread od evil!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Darrin
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mickey Stirrups wrote:
I used the skull and bones side of (I think it's) the Hauntings tokens from The Coast (if you've got that expansion) - worked nicely and looked pretty good on the board.

Kevin, where does it say about removing the blocked road token when the shadow track crosses into a new stage?

I couldnt find that rule anywhere but am haopy to remove it if it stops the spread od evil!

It's not a rule in the rulebook. It's stated on the card in which it appears. Although I don't have access to my copy at the moment, I believe it's a mystery card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Buman
United States
Harlan
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Mickey Stirrups wrote:

It is on page 8 in the white box under the section titled "Blocked Roads".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sly
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I forgot that I'd started designing dedicated Blocked Road markers years ago when the expansion first came out. I think this topic just gave me the motivation to finish them up in the next few days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tragic TheBlathering
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
nice... I might print these out and just stick them on the back of the militia tokens.

Please post a high rez version when your happy with it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sly
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Having some issues getting it uploaded as a geek image, so it's Imgur for now. I think I'm gonna call it done. It was tough trying to effectively reuse assets on the board to make it look legitimate and the idea of a rural route being completely blocked off is a bit hard to visualize, but I think this does a good enough job.

I designed it to be a 1.5" circle, a little smaller than the Militia counters. I think(I started it almost two years ago) I did these because 1.5" wood counters were more readily available at the local hobby store and because it seemed like a bit of a better fit on the board than the huge Militia pieces. So if you print this out, cut out a square using the crop marks, it should fit very well on a 1.5" round. Glue it on and trim around the wood or chipboard counter with an Xacto knife. If anyone would like a different size or any modifications and isn't handy with an image editing program, I'll try to help out. I've not had a chance to print this out myself so I'm not sure if some color correcting to better match the board might be necessary, I'd be curious to hear how it looks in play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tragic TheBlathering
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
Nice, I am just going to stick them on the back of the Militia tokens anyway.

Thanks for this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sly
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, that should still work fine and give some purpose to that black, blank side. Let me know how they look!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Malkowski
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I printed out 3 on photo paper and glued them to the back of 3 Militia counters. I don't think I'll ever need more than 3 at a time. Looks fab! A big thanks to the designer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waste MaLife
msg tools
Looks great, really should be in the file section for future users.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sly
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WasteMaLife wrote:
Looks great, really should be in the file section for future users.

It's now been added to the Coast's photo section, is the Files section traditionally where something where like this should go?

Glad folks are enjoying this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tragic TheBlathering
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
Yeah, I would put it in the file section. ZIP it up if you need to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.