Popular Tags: [View All]
John Bruns
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just finished the 1st adventure and got to endgame stage.

Which are the ritual spaces? How many are there?

We assumed they were the tiles with candles on them and numbered 5, but were a bit confused looking at the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Austin
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got done with my first playthrough and I was a little confused about this as well. Then looking at the bottom of the Endgame card and the board, I assumed that the spaces with the cultists (robed people with their arms out stretched) were the ritual spaces (which roughly correspond to the candle spaces). So yeah, there are 5 of them. You basically have to kill the cultists before they complete their ritual to win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Schneider
Germany
Stockstadt
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I have another question about endgame. I managed to get to endgame in Scenario 1. It was a very intense and great game and a lot of fun to get there.

But on the endgame card, it say: horror phase: remove explored tokens...

my question: is this the new horror phase? or does this happen on top of the horror event card? or only if I roll a 5 to check if the horror event happens or not? or does this always happen every round anyway?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juraj Bilić
Croatia
Varazdin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
You still roll and play for horror (if there would be no horror phase, there would be no horror chapter rating, and there will be 'Skip horror phase' effect).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Schneider
Germany
Stockstadt
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
thanks for the quick reply. but.. sorry, sometimes I just make things way too difficult, so just to make sure.

you roll to see if a horror effect takes place and if thats a yes (in scenario 5 or more) you resolve a new horror card. additionally you remove the explored tokens?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juraj Bilić
Croatia
Varazdin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
You are correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Schneider
Germany
Stockstadt
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
thank you very much for the quick response! Just wanted to make sure I don't make it too easy for myself *coughs* though I only made it to the endgame on easy mode...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauwel B
Belgium
flag msg tools
Since the question is open for interpretation, I would like to make absolutely sure.
During the horror phase, do you:
A) remove tokens regardless of the roll,
B) only remove tokens on a roll of 5 or higher?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sascha
Germany
Schleswig-Holstein
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You remove tokens regardless of the roll.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauwel B
Belgium
flag msg tools
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.