Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Legendary: Villains – A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: A strange Mystique and Rogue question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I'd like to team these two up with Nightcrawler for a family reunion of sorts, but I'm a little unsure about a particular card interaction.

"Show Your True Colors" (maybe my new favorite card, by the by) says:

Quote:
As you play this card, you may choose a class. This card is that class instead of [Covert] this turn.

Let's say I play it and choose [Instinct]. Now I want to play my "Copy Powers" Rogue, which reads:

Quote:
Play this card as a copy of another Hero you played this turn. This card is both [Covert] and the color you copy.

Now I'm wondering if I can "call a color" like I did with the original Mystique, or if I'm stuck with the [Instinct] I chose before, or even just [Covert]. I wanna say I can still choose anything I want, but the timing seems kind of tricky. Is it not technically copying until it's been played? In that case, I'll have missed the "as you play this card" window.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Shader
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As you play the first card you set its properties. it is now in play. you may copy that card but its properties are set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
therealtheshader wrote:
As you play the first card you set its properties. it is now in play. you may copy that card but its properties are set.

So you think my "Copy Powers" would be stuck as an [Instinct] (plus [Covert]) card?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremiah kiper
United States
Independence
Missouri
flag msg tools
You should get to call the color on the copy. You are playing a copy of the other card but that doesn't mean it is in the exact state as the card currently in play. If that were th case you wouldn't be able to copy a versatile card and select recruit if the copied card was attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacovis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You play the card as a copy of the Mystique card, including her special ability.

So when you play her you still choose a class as you play it. The fact that the one you copied is instinct won't matter as soon as you play it because her ability lets you choose a class at that moment. The "instead of covert" part becomes irrelevant as soon as you choose a new color anyway. The only card that can be two colors at once thus far (read the old threads about this) is Rogue: Copy Powers, which is why she explicitly says she can be both colors on her text.

Your rogue copy would be able to choose its own color, in short, and would be whatever color that is plus her covert, as usual.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Okay, now I'm going to add Cap and Magneto to this team and really go crazy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.