David B
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like my dice fillers to have a healthy dose of adrenaline rush. I like to feel a lot of emotion riding on a roll as the end of the game can be felt beating down on you. There have been a few games of VivaJava dice where I have felt it and a couple where I have not. I think this is due mostly to which ability discs are available. When the short supply disc comes out and I choose to take that path, I can almost feel the sweat building up on my forehead. The top cup disc also seems to lend quite a rush to the game as it makes the Feature Blend coaster even more competitive. Does anyone else find certain discs add more tension to the game?

BTW: I found that the game is perfect for taking to the beach. I played a solo game the other day while catching some rays and enjoyed it quite a bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice Hate Me
United States
Chapel Hill
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
The boardgame blog with worse luck than you! dicehateme.com
mbmbmbmbmb
pfctsqr wrote:
I like my dice fillers to have a healthy dose of adrenaline rush. I like to feel a lot of emotion riding on a roll as the end of the game can be felt beating down on you. There have been a few games of VivaJava dice where I have felt it and a couple where I have not. I think this is due mostly to which ability discs are available. When the short supply disc comes out and I choose to take that path, I can almost feel the sweat building up on my forehead. The top cup disc also seems to lend quite a rush to the game as it makes the Feature Blend coaster even more competitive. Does anyone else find certain discs add more tension to the game?

BTW: I found that the game is perfect for taking to the beach. I played a solo game the other day while catching some rays and enjoyed it quite a bit.

Short Supply is my personal favorite Ability Disc. I love watching people wrap their heads around it, and the excitement of each roll builds as you get deeper and deeper into the personal quagmire of the Research Track.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Whitpan
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, we played with the office politics, research grant and a few others which totally made for a different game from some of the basic set ups. It was real tight at the end and there was no clear winner with a six point track out there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.