Dungeon Lords: Happy Anniversary» Forums » General

Subject: Hope the box isn't unnecessarily large rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
Galaxy Trucker: Anniversary edition has a huuuge box, which makes it very difficult to bring to game days, but I understand that was necessary because of the space all those components require. Everything fits nicely, and I understand that if I want to play it, I'll be packing a suitcase.

Dungeon Lords, even with Festival Season, is currently a nice, manageable size. While I am keen on a compartmentalised box to make set-up and break-down more convenient, I'm not too excited about the promise of an "XXL" box. I hope CGE doesn't pad it out with too much insert...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GeekInsight
United States
Whittier
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Benkyo wrote:
Galaxy Trucker: Anniversary edition has a huuuge box

I could be wrong, but I seem to recall them saying that the Dungeon Lords Anniversary Box will be the same size as the Galaxy Trucker Anniversary Box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
MyParadox wrote:
Benkyo wrote:

I could be wrong, but I seem to recall them saying that the Dungeon Lords Anniversary Box will be the same size as the Galaxy Trucker Anniversary Box.

That would be a damn shame. There simply isn't enough in Dungeon Lords to require a box that size.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artemus Maximus
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Benkyo wrote:
MyParadox wrote:
Benkyo wrote:

That would be a damn shame. There simply isn't enough in Dungeon Lords to require a box that size.

With the expansions included, additional stretch goal components esp. maximum thickness in the cardboard, and plastic tray inside, I can easily see it taking up all the space.

If portability was an issue for me, I'd probably solve that by getting some latches and a handle from the hardware store to screw onto the wood box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
Question has been asked a few times, and answered on the comments page of KS.

It started out not being the same size, but as the extra stretch goals have been met, and with the thicker cardboard, its going to be the same size now I believe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I for one just hope they don't forget to include the 1910 rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ScoobyG wrote:

I have no idea what this means.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben P.
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Benkyo wrote:
ScoobyG wrote:

This refers to the Ticket to Ride: 10th Anniversary edition where it seems they included the 1910 expansion but forgot to include the rules for it :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lior Kiperman
Israel
Ramat Gan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cuazzel wrote:
Benkyo wrote:
ScoobyG wrote:

This refers to the Ticket to Ride: 10th Anniversary edition where it seems they included the 1910 expansion but forgot to include the rules for it :)
Don't worry, the rules for the bard items will be included in the anniversary edition box :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't thought about the possibly huge box of the Galaxy Trucker Anniversary edition when I considered the wooden box.

Guess the wooden box may be bigger than I thought. And I guess that's cool =P

Even harder to bring with you though
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Johnson
United States
Cedar Park
Texas
flag msg tools
Well me known for eating cookie when me don't they shout
badge
Look! He try to throw loyal fans a curve!
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like 19"x15"x4".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaut Palfer-Sollier
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just finished the punching, sorting and storing.
The insert is VERY impressive. So impressive that it is a tiny bit disappointing that the progress boards don't seem to fit (whereas everything else does). Is there a reason for that? Thicker player boards? Another very minor grip : there should have a been a splitter in the box holding all rooms, so that year 1 and year 2 are stored in different places (thisis the case for monsters and adventurers).

Can we get a guide to using the insert?
It was quite fun to find the good order to make everything fit, but now I'm curious to know if I missed something.

On a side note, yes the box is too large, even with all KS bonuses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
tublefou wrote:
On a side note, yes the box is too large, even with all KS bonuses.
I was one of the people who voted for it to be the same size as the GT Anniversary box, so that they'd sit nicely together on my shelf.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.