Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Pixel Tactics» Forums » Rules

Subject: Order of Orders (Strange timing issue on Homunculus-Berserker combo) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Ball
msg tools
So a strange timing issue came up in our game and I'm wondering how people interpret this:

Berserker Rear Wave ability states "The first time that you play an order each rear wave, this hero makes a free ranged attack."

Homunculus's Order ability states "You may rearrange heroes and corpses in your unit freely."

So a combo was played out. Homunculus was played as an order. The Berserker, in the Rear Wave, during the Rear Wave, was moved to the Vanguard Wave.

So two questions come from this:

A) For the purposes of the "free ranged attack," is the Berserker still considered in the rear wave and thus executes the ability, or is it now a Vanguard Berserker, which means it loses the Rear ability and can't perform the attack?

B) If it does get the ability to have a free ranged attack, does it also now get the Vanguard Ability to add +2 to its Attack Strength (and also take 1 less damage if there's a retaliation of some sort that counts as an attack)?

I only have Pixel Tactics 1, so not sure if other weird wonky timing effect issues like this come up, but I'm curious if there's an official ruling of how this combo should play out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Douglass
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the rules:

"Some effects trigger “when you play an order”. These effects don’t kick in until the order has completely resolved."

Based on this, I think you could use the Homunculus order to move the Berserker to the vanguard and then make a ranged attack with the power bonus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Rabinowitz
United States
Columbia
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I read that same rule as having the opposite answer. Since effects don't kick in until the order has completely resolved, you do not get to use Berserker's rear wave power since he is now in the vanguard. In other words, I would understand Berserker's power as "The first time you completely resolve playing an order..." In other words, I would play an order, completely resolve it, then look for any triggers. What if I used Assassin to defeat Berserker? Should Berserker still get a free ranged attack? I would say 'no'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.