Subject: is there any way to compare collections on BGG? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vic R
Spain
Tomares (Seville)
flag msg tools
badge
Pure mathematics is the world's best game. It is more absorbing than chess, more of a gamble than poker, and lasts longer than Monopoly. It's free. It can be played anywhere - Archimedes did it in a bathtub
mbmbmbmbmb
long story made short: I want to know what games I own than a friend of mine dont, so I can choose easily what games to bring and what not.

So there is a way to filter my own collection list with the owned games of another user collections?

Thanks for answer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I am the wasp / that burrows in! I am the shriek / of twilight din!
mbmbmb
There is a way but it's pretty horrible. You create a guild for the two of you, then on the main page of the guild there is a 'Collection: Browse' link. Or use the XMLAPI.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vic R
Spain
Tomares (Seville)
flag msg tools
badge
Pure mathematics is the world's best game. It is more absorbing than chess, more of a gamble than poker, and lasts longer than Monopoly. It's free. It can be played anywhere - Archimedes did it in a bathtub
mbmbmbmbmb
sbszine wrote:
Or use the XMLAPI.

It shouldnt be hard to program this as is only a single condition I own AND X dont own, however I cant find any info about booleans operators with XLMAPI. They exist? how to put them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I threw together a quick Python script which will compute the result you're looking for. You can find it at:

http://pastebin.com/Bg67UPqG

In order to use this, you'll need Python installed, and you'll additionally need to install the "BeautifulSoup" library.

If you've already got Python installed, and are using pip for package management, you can install beautifulsoup, at a command line:

pip install beautifulsoup

then, to use this script, simply save it to a file named bggcompare.py, and type the following at a command line:

python bggcompare.py username1 username2

and it will print the games owned by username1 but not username2, and also the games owned by both.

(edit: please ignore the grammar typos and comments in the wrong places - I slapped this together in about five minutes)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YaVerOt YaVerOt
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
Armchair warriors often fail, and we've been poisoned by these fairy tales.
badge
Aoi Aoi toki ga toke dasheta.
mbmbmbmbmb
http://bgg.gloppy.nl/index_en.php
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Nand
Italy
Modena
flag msg tools
Best. Game. Ever.
badge
I wrote nanDECK and BGG1tool
mbmbmbmbmb
vica8081 wrote:
long story made short: I want to know what games I own than a friend of mine dont, so I can choose easily what games to bring and what not.

So there is a way to filter my own collection list with the owned games of another user collections?

Thanks for answer

BGG1tool is a Windows software that uses calls to the BGG API to download data about games and collections.

Steps for games that are in one user collection and not in another:

1) Insert in "Load from user" edit box the name of the 1st user. To the right it must be selected the option "Rep" (it means "Replace").

2) Click on "Load from user" button and wait. The program shows in the left box a list of games' IDs.

3) Insert in "Load from user" edit box the name of the 2nd user, and select from the right choices the "Sub" option ("Subtract").

4) Click on "Load from user" button and wait. The program shows in the left box a list of ID that are in the 1st collection but not in the 2nd.

5) Finally, click on "Load games" button to have all the info about that games.

This is the download link:
http://www.nand.it/nandeck/bgg1tool.zip

For example, you have 54 games that I haven't:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vic R
Spain
Tomares (Seville)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eviljelloman wrote:
I threw together a quick Python script which will compute the result you're looking for. You can find it at:

http://pastebin.com/Bg67UPqG

In order to use this, you'll need Python installed, and you'll additionally need to install the "BeautifulSoup" library.

If you've already got Python installed, and are using pip for package management, you can install beautifulsoup, at a command line:

pip install beautifulsoup

then, to use this script, simply save it to a file named bggcompare.py, and type the following at a command line:

python bggcompare.py username1 username2

and it will print the games owned by username1 but not username2, and also the games owned by both.

(edit: please ignore the grammar typos and comments in the wrong places - I slapped this together in about five minutes)

Thanks a lot for your efforts, are gladly appretiate. However at the end I used the yaverot suggestion because it was more directblush

Thanks for everyone answer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.