Subject: Confused by door LOS??? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Casper Points
Abkhazia
Alaska
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Revised rules on shooting into a doorway on page 25 of the manual states "a unit outside a building can only attack a unit inside the building if the target unit is adjacent to the OPENING the unit is attacking through".

Opening, not square? Through, not to?

Does this mean DIAGONALLY adajacent a door frame, or only if your standing directly ON a door square, in effect blocking the entrance?

So in "simple speak", if you are IN in a building, next to, but NOT ON a square that has a doorway, can you shoot diagonally out, through the empty door frame square, or get HIT from a diagonal shot coming across the empty door frame square to hit you because the door makes the squares side "open" but with possible cover?

Jesus! I wrote it but I'm still not sure if anyone will understand it?

Look... Do I always have to trade bullets right in front of a door way or can I be in any square right next to the door and shoot diagonally???

Anybody know for certain?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are actually different doorways, so in some senses you can/cannot shoot diagonally. If you look, there are some doorways that actually go into the square by about 1/2" on both sides and others that stop right at the corner. So you can tell which you can actually shoot diagonally into/from. At least from how I've played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casper Points
Abkhazia
Alaska
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
As far as I could tell the only difference between a walker door and an infantry door was what kind of unit could pass through them?

Nothing about how either affect line of sight?

I think as far as LOS is concerned both types of door are considered the same, theirs nothing about it in the book?

But I think you are right, by only taking diagonal shots through walker doors at least your line never crosses another solid line which is technically what the book says.

I just wish they would clarify it a bit, sticking points like this can cause full on arguments in a close game if not discussed before.

Their should be no need for "house rules" on anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.