Scott Rogganbuck
United States
Woodstock
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After many highly enjoyable hours of play, my wife, daughter, and I have completed the final scenario in the Rise of the Runelords adventure path. Now that we have, I would just like to share some photos that show our final character sheets and decks, along with some general musings on the characters.

Harsk, the Silent Leader (played by me)

In the end, Harsk was an excellent scout, efficient combatant, and acolyte of divine studies. Preferring to be alone, he was always on the lookout for trouble and eager to provide an arrow to assist a friend in need. With the aid of Valeros and Lem, he helped to take down Runelord Karzoug in the final showdown.

Seoni, Charismatic Master of the Arcane (played by my wife)

Through the first three or four adventures, Seoni was a fireball hurling machine and one of our preferred finishers. As time went on, her magic seemed to become less powerful in respect to our henchman and villain adversaries, who seemed to be frequently resistant to her attacks. Still, the skills she brought to our group (one of the few characters that dealt in d12 dice) were invaluable and she was usually more than capable of holding her own.

Lem, Slendiferous Minstrel and Undoubtedly Valeros' Best Friend (played by my daughter)

A bit weak and frail at the outset of this grand adventure (as he might tell it), the Magnificent Lem played an integral role in the downfall of Runelord Karzoug, thanks to his skillful location of a suit of armor and Potion of Fire Resistance. By the end, Lem truly could do it all (except be strong - he had to allow Valeros something for which he could feel good about himself).

Merisiel, the Curiosity-Collecting Loner (played by me)

At her best on her own, Merisiel enjoyed collecting the "loot" weapons of her fallen villain adversaries. Despite her high dexterity, she became a formidable melee fighter. She was excellent at locating henchman and villains. If our preferred finishers were unable to defeat them in a timely fashion, she could step in and take care of the situation.

Valeros, the Slayer (played by my wife)

Typically accompanied by Lem and Lini, Valeros defeated everything in his path. While there were those rare times when his low Wisdom was a hindrance (Valeros was dead weight in the Death Zone with his inability to close those locations), he was our hero of choice to end most scenarios. Ultimately, he delivered the killing blow on Runelord Karzoug with his trusty Impaler of Thorns.

Lini, the Survivor (played by my daughter)

Probably the weakest fighter, Lini truly shined as the party's healer. In addition, Lini was sent in to areas in which high survival skills were necessary (specifically the Mountaintop location). Lini was invaluable while scaling the mountain through the Death Zone. With an animal at her side, Lini was also particularly good at acquiring items and passing divine checks. Lini, by far, had the best assortment of allies.

If we have time before Skull and Shackles, we may try to start the adventure again using the cleric, monk, paladin, barbarian, wizard, and one of our previous characters. We will miss playing with these characters and loved the roles that each of them had within the party.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ahearne
United States
Ayer
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for posting this! This was fascinating. I envy you your blessings :->

I would never have thought of playing Merisiel as a melee fighter. But since she has the same strength die as Seelah, I can see how it could work. Very interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Rogganbuck
United States
Woodstock
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just found the Ranzak goblin character on the Paizo site. He will be our final character for our second run-through of the Rise of the Runelords adventure path.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.