Popular Tags: [View All]
Jay Townsend
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I got around to playing another game this weekend and had my first Japanese victory out of the three games I have played so far. A fantastic game at that! I forgot how much I enjoy playing this game, and I used most of both countries unit resources in this game which kind of surprised me. The Japanese at first had a hard time and long time trying to taking Port Arthur but finally did, as I thought it took too long and they might loss again however they also had forces pushing north and west so once they broke the Port Arthur deadlock, those forces also pushed west and north defeating many Russian units and receiving some naval victory points and objective terrain victory points to win by the second to last turn even though I played the last turn to see if things would change. The Japanese reinforcements on the last turn don’t really have time to make the battle I noticed but for the first time weren’t needed.

I copied the Sequence of Play and the Combat Results onto two card stock sheets so I wouldn’t have to refer to them in the rules so much and it worked just fine. I recommend doing this as well for other gamers.

This is a very tense game for both sides to play, even playing Solo. Usually there are multiple battles going on in different locations on the map at the same time, many decisions to be made, keeping things very interesting throughout the game. I did not use the optional naval rules. Again, I recommend this game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
しんぶん赤旗
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well done. A win for Imperial Japan without using the extra naval rules is a mighty feat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.