Sid Meier's Civilization: The Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: Question about expansions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dimitar Dzhenkov
msg tools
Hey,

I am about to buy the base game and the two expansions. My question is:
Can you play all civilizations if you want to play one of the expansions?
For example: Can we play Russia, Japan, Spain in the same game or just stick to the civilizations listed in the specific expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Vantries
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Yes, you can play them all together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One caveat, the FaF civilizations are generally stronger than the ones in the base game and in WaW. I would not mix between them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
m Vlad
Romania
flag msg tools
mb
Also, France is allowed 2 social policies at the start of the game, playing with the base game, the advantages that france had, are no longer present.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume OP would be using the Social Policies, so France would not be at a disadvantage.

Anyway, if you want an idea of who's "too strong" or "too weak" then have a look here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArNdOESpLXrNdEl...

And if you really don't mind investing the effort, you can obtain my "re-balanced" Civs and such:

http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/93694/re-balanced-civs-gov...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Notsteve Notlawton
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
He hasn't even bought the base game yet, I think you are all somewhat jumping the gun on who's too strong and rebalances and what not. Different groups have different playstyles which effect what sides are the best. Let them discover what play types and tactics that befit them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimitar Dzhenkov
msg tools
Thanks guys, you rock.

I will also check the links you posted, Tid. But yeah, we will have to play a couple of games first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.