Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Dettmar
United States
Ontario
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This situation came up during our first ever game of zombicide and I was unable to answer the following questions using the rule book.

1. If we are playing with the resurrection rules, and all of the survivors die on the same turn, do we lose, or do we get to resurrect?

2. If we do not immediately lose, does that mean that the zombies will not move during a subsequent zombie turn when all the survivors are down? (having chosen to not resurrect, because the zombie hoard was still on top of them. The zombies cannot see anyone, and there would be no noise anywhere)

3. would that mean, then, that at least one player would be forced to resurrect in the middle of the zombie hoard that killed him, (and likely, subsequently kill him again)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say that if all survivors die in the same turn that you have lost the game.
I feel that at least 1 survivor should still be alive to use the resurrection rules for Zombivors.
Anyway, with the lost equipment, you might be in bad shape to continue the game even after resurrecting.

if there is no noise whatsoever for the zombies to move to, then they will stay in their current location, which means still standing in the zones where the survivors died; it might be difficult to fight your way out of the zone.
its only if there would be a permanent noise marker on the board that the zombies would move towards it.

even if there would be no survivors left, the spawning of zombies would continue (though at blue level), so I see no reason why you would choose to all remain "dead" over several turns as only the zombies gain during those turns while the survivors do nothing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Dettmar
United States
Ontario
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yea, we played it out with resurrecting. we didn't have any weapons left, but we ended up winning because we managed to keep the rice, canned food and water and escaped after 2 guys chainsawed down the whole hoard that killed 5 of us. It was pretty sweet, but I wasn't sure about the official ruling on weather or not we lost when we all died in the same turn.

It wasn't that we WANTED to wait several turns doing nothing, more the realization that after resurrecting we would probably end up dead anyway. one guy could have resurrected and made some noise to move the hoard off of us, but there were so many that he would not have been able to leave the space.

It worked out, I was just curious what the official ruling was.

thanks for your answer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Hood
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadges by request, geekmail me for details!
mb
dettmarp wrote:
This situation came up during our first ever game of zombicide and I was unable to answer the following questions using the rule book.

1. If we are playing with the resurrection rules, and all of the survivors die on the same turn, do we lose, or do we get to resurrect?

2. If we do not immediately lose, does that mean that the zombies will not move during a subsequent zombie turn when all the survivors are down? (having chosen to not resurrect, because the zombie hoard was still on top of them. The zombies cannot see anyone, and there would be no noise anywhere)

3. would that mean, then, that at least one player would be forced to resurrect in the middle of the zombie hoard that killed him, (and likely, subsequently kill him again)?

You would get to resurrect but your other assumptions are correct - the zombies won't move if there is no noise and if you're forced to resurrect in the middle of a huge horde then you're likely to die again immediately. That's why resurrect isn't an automatic get out of jail free card. You still need to think about your exit strategy when you resurrect

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Dettmar
United States
Ontario
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yea. we used the resurrection 'cause we're noobs, and we still barely won
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.