Hide
8 Posts

Marvel Dice Masters: Avengers vs. X-Men» Forums » Strategy

Subject: SR Fantastic not so super? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
justin taylor
msg tools
What's the strategy with Fantastic? I think he's pretty cool, but is he also the worst of the SR's?

is he just a good doormat/sacrifice in the end?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bisounour Razmooket
msg tools
he's fine. He's probably the 3rd best Super Rare (out of 4). He helps stop early aggression which is currently the thing to do. I think Canucklehead is just worse because EVERYONE plays either Mr. Fantastic or Phoenix Global in their roster making his ability useless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As stated he is a solid blocker. A little pricey to field at his max level.

As an aside to Wolverines SR he is very popular at my table since we do random drafting. So the globals that force attacks are not that common.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bisounour Razmooket
msg tools
Random drafting might not be the best case for a cards power level because you're randomly denying players the appropriate counter measures. But even with random drafting, the player should still have access to the basic action - Distraction which also completely negates the Wolverine attack step.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
justin taylor
msg tools
does he fit well into most decks, for defense? or do you guys think his other versions are better?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the SR have the force attack Global? That's the main reason any Mr. Fantastic is brought out around here, his Global (assuming Phoenix hasn't been drafted before; we play draft teams).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It does not have the global. He is just a die that can block up to 3 attackers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Go
United States
New York
Manhattan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
If you're having hull problems I feel bad for you son, I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
badge
TauLeaderGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Mister Fantastic is my favorite super hero and I collect his stuff (comics, figures, etc)

I was displeased to see him be a super rare in Dice Masters, making it hard for me to obtain him reasonably just to add to my collection.

I don't supposed anyone would be willing to part with his card and die? Maybe a trade? Looking for someone who will sympathize with my plight!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.