Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
MaL
United Kingdom
S YORKS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

Had a great day Saturday with two mates. It was Al's birthday so we took a load of board games and went down to Warhammer World!

So as soon as we arrived we cracked out DungeonQuest, and not long after got the attention of a few GW staff, who were pleased to see a classic out in Bugman's Bar.

Game: Standard DQ

Me: The Adventurer, Opening Ring
Al: The Paladin, Healing Ring
Gaz: The Barbarian, Blinding Ring

A fast game, Al's 1st time...

I took the Adventurer and promptly got no where really keeping near to a wall and never reaching the Treasure Chamber!

Al made steady progress with the Paladin, but then got stuck following Gas' Barbarian into the Treasure Chamber!

Gaz faired the best with a slow start but once in the Treasure Chamber risked three turns at grabbing gold, on his third grab the Dragon woke up and burnt him bad!

Al later got in and grabbed a fair amount.

I was still stuck in my corner, trying to find secret doors to get back to my tower!

Al, Gaz had no easy route back, both having crossed rotating rooms on their way.

Gaz tried to head back to his tower by an alternate route, with no gold.

Al stuck out for the last remaining tower, carrying the most gold in the group!

Luck finally found me and i managed to gather 100 GP, not bad for a bad delve so far.

In the end Al was slain by a measly Goblin (the Paladin having only 1 LP when entering the combat!), Gaz came across the dreaded Cave-in and rolling the chosen number promptly died! (a fitting 1st game you'd think?)

With 3 turns left and a fair distance to travel, i pulled corridors and rushed to a deadend! I had one chance to pull a secret door card and pass into a room adjacent to my Tower! Luck again shone on the Adventurer and i escaped on the last turn with 100 GP!

Awesome!

We played DQ 3 more times, with Heroes and the Catacombs, only game worth noting was the last...

Al playing with Azoth completely beasted the dungeon and escaped with 13k+ of gold, he used his magic to great affect to avoid most of the nasty outcomes!

Gaz died very early, we allowed him to return but again he died not far in (very hilarious!).

I took Tori-Jima and managed to collect more gold than Al but eventually died in a bloody Cave-in!

So at the end of the birthday bash the result were...

Al: 1 Escape, 13k+ GP
Mal: 1 Escape, 100 GP
Gaz: 0 Escapes

All in all we had a wicked day, so glad i bought the game and so thankfully for the help on this site to collect and missing bits from all the expansions.

DQ truly is a fun game, aslong as no one take it too serious and has fun its a real blast!

In future i think adding in the Rules for PvP, Monster control on death & fighting the Dragon will make this game truly Epic and a firm favourite of the group!

[Also we were sat next to John Blanche, i was tempted to ask him if he'd like to join in but in the end a proper chickened out!]

Cheers

MaL
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
___Shetland pony___ ___extra pepperoni___
United Kingdom
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great write up.
Bet the staff were shocked to see that they work for a company which was once good, and used to put out value for money fun product!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr G
United Kingdom
Hatfield Heath
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Original DQ is such a cool game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dennis finan
United States
middletown
New Jersey
flag msg tools
I just stumbled upon this thread doing research and must say that im super jealous you were at warhammer world and buans brewery!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.