Deadzone» Forums » Rules

Subject: Newbie question about Slow rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonte Rydberg
msg tools
mb
Hey guys,
I bought this nice looking game just before the weekend (and spent the greater part of Saturday just assembling the models and the terrain!)

Anyway, we did manage to get in 1.5 games during Sunday, and my question is for the Plague Commander (big guy - dont remember the name right now). He has the Slow ability. For him it means he will just make a move of 1 tile each turn, and usually just waste his second action?
Or do I miss something here?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joke Meister
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You could use his second action to move up an aggression level (particularly useful if you have been the subject of a blaze away action in a previous round).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Harper
Canada
Ridgeway
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He uses his second action to think about what he is going to do any unfortunate Enforcer who he gets his hands on!
His name is Stage 1A by the way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. Patton
United States
Myrtle Creek
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
He could also potentially get a mutation that gives him a short ranged (more than F range) attack during the mutation phase/twisted card. If he gets that he can use that second action to use that potentially.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joke Meister
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
privateer4hire wrote:
He could also potentially get a mutation that gives him a short ranged (more than F range) attack during the mutation phase/twisted card. If he gets that he can use that second action to use that potentially.

Are you sure? My understanding was that the Stage 1A would never be able to attack at range even with mutations because he had no shoot stat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. Patton
United States
Myrtle Creek
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct. My apologies. I spoke before checking the updated FAQ.
Because the 1A has no Shoot stat, if he gets the ranged mutation it has zero effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonte Rydberg
msg tools
mb
Thanks for all the responses!

I guess he should also be able to use the Command action?
We havent played with it yet, but it seems like something he should be able to do?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. Patton
United States
Myrtle Creek
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
He can use Command actions but...
Command is a long action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonte Rydberg
msg tools
mb
Ahh, didnt notice that.
Then he will mostly have to just skip the second action then :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Clasing
msg tools
mbmb
Also be ready to drop Move cards on him. Nothing tightens the guts of Enforcer players more than the big guy steamrolling towards them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.