Popular Tags: [View All]
tidus09
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mb
Hello everyone
This is the first time I play Mage knight so I have a question about Infuence
For example: when I have Reputation +3, and I played card with Influence +2. Now I have my Influence +5 right?
About spending Influence, if I recruit Peasants Unit with Influence cost +4. Now I have my Influence +1 right?
And when I want buy 1 point of healing for 3 Influence here, will the Reputation count into my Influence? or I have to play card with Influence +2 to buy Healing point?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Pham.

The reputation bonus is only counted once - at the start of interaction.

So, your example starts off ok, you decide to interact.... You have reputation +3 and you play Promise for 2. So, you have 5.

You spend 4 on recruiting the peasants, leaving you with 1.

You could however, then use the peasants to get +2 influence, giving you 3 to heal a wound.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Erb
Germany
Ulm
flag msg tools
mb
Your reputation modifier is added to your Influence the moment you declare Interaction as your action for the turn. You can then start playing cards and effects to further increase this value, and spend it in any way allowed by the site you are on and the cards you have played, in no particular order.

You only get the Reputation bonus once, at the start of interaction, not for each purchase you do. "Interacting with locals", 5.a, page 6.

In your example:

Intiate Interaction in the Village, +3 Influence from Reputation. 3 Influence left.

Play a card for +2 Influence. 5 Influence left.

Recruit Peasants, -4 Influence. 1 Influence left.

Either play another card for +2 Influence or activate the peasants for +2 Influence. 3 Influence left.

Purchase a Point of Healing. -3 Influence. 0 Influence left.

See http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1201010/wounds-and-reput... (the second question) for more explanations; in particular the excellent example by Philip.

Edit: Paul beat me to it. Also, Rules Reference added.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tidus09
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mb
I get it, thank you very much

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tidus09
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mb
What about Plundering a Village?
I am Lv 1 (Hand limit 5 cards) When I plunder a village before my next turn (-1 reputation). At this point, my hand have 5 cards right? And when I plunder, I draw 2 cards from my Deed deck. And now I will have 7 cards in my hand right? If yes, for example, in my next turn, I just use 1 card for moving and do nothing, and I will have 6 cards in my hand, but my hand limit only 5 cards, what can I do?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Rojas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since you used 1 card, you did your requested action, you declare end of your turn and DO NOT draw any cards from your deck, just wait for your next turn. Next turn you either use a card(s) Or discard one Or more.

-tom
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Eckes
United States
Bloomington
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a question about this earlier as well. Your "hand limit" is really the number of cards you can draw up to at the beginning of your turn.

If you start at less than your hand limit, you draw up to your hand limit. If you start at more than your hand limit, you do not draw or discard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Yan
China
Shanghai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gophers79 wrote:
Your "hand limit" is really the number of cards you can draw up to at the beginning of your turn.

The red part is NOT true. You draw up to your hand limit at the end of your turn, see rulebook, page 9, End of the Turn.7.

edit: and 7.c answers your next question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Keys
Australia
flag msg tools
prograft wrote:
The red part is NOT true. You draw up to your hand limit at the end of your turn, see rulebook, page 9, End of the Turn.7.

This is important for PVP, interactive skills and interactive spells. Oh and Volkare attacks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.