Joe Walerko
United States
Endicott
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, Twelve Doctors fans! I'm Joe, the guy that designed the cards for the latest version of the Twelve Doctors. I really enjoyed making the cards for Mark Chaplin, and I'm glad to see that so many more people have come to enjoy the game.

However, a couple of side effects have resulted since the game's been finished:
1. I miss making the cards.
2. Folks occasionally ask if more expansions will come along.

While I can't say if expansions will ever come after Peter Capaldi has played the Doctor (that's Mark's territory), I can say something about my choice to make more cards. So I was wondering if anyone wanted to have custom cards made.

This is a general interest thread, so I'm not officially taking commissions. The game is not-for-profit, so compensation would have to be something like game trades or Geek Gold; I haven't worked out the details yet. But I would use the same template that the original game was made with, and whatever rules and/or artwork you wanted to include. Oh, and before anyone asks: I won't release the template file. I worked pretty hard on it, and it's the one piece of the game I want to hold onto.

So, what are your thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Byrd
United States
Griffin
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I would want a few more details.

Are you meaning to make one off additional cards based on requests (like if I was sad that the game does not have Item X from my favorite episode, but you would now be able to make it)?

Or do you mean to be replacing existing cards with different graphics/text?

I am always up for new Dr Who content in this game. It is a rich story/world to draw from.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Walerko
United States
Endicott
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ryan_c_byrd wrote:
I guess I would want a few more details.

Are you meaning to make one off additional cards based on requests (like if I was sad that the game does not have Item X from my favorite episode, but you would now be able to make it)?

Or do you mean to be replacing existing cards with different graphics/text?

I am always up for new Dr Who content in this game. It is a rich story/world to draw from.

I mean either. I can take existing cards and replace the art/text, or make up entirely new cards if you want to playtest something that you feel would make the game more enjoyable for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Michaud
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just had a few of these done, and they are AWESOME! I recommend this for any fan of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Byrd
United States
Griffin
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do share. What did you have done?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.