Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O C
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Will the game ship to board game stores in Canada?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan
United Kingdom
Leamington Spa
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Rules please. No rules, no pre-order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Flight
United States
Boulder
CO - Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! I preordered. I did not see a box to check for Gencon pickup so I just added it in the note. Hope that is ok! Looking forward to your game and thanks for all the fun my family has had with your games!

Jim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Crespo
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jflight1 wrote:
Thanks! I preordered. I did not see a box to check for Gencon pickup so I just added it in the note. Hope that is ok! Looking forward to your game and thanks for all the fun my family has had with your games!

Jim

I believe the preorder is just meant for GenCon pickup only, so no need for a check box!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Seifert
United States
Little Canada
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JJWonderboy wrote:

This. Tom Vasel is not a rule book, and it's honestly kind of insulting whenever publishers ask us to buy products without one. Surely they could upload the play-test rules (which I can only hope are the final, 100% playtested rules).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Preder
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
golden_cow2 wrote:
JJWonderboy wrote:

This. Tom Vasel is not a rule book, and it's honestly kind of insulting whenever publishers ask us to buy products without one. Surely they could upload the play-test rules (which I can only hope are the final, 100% playtested rules).

I agree that Tom Vassal is not a rule book, but in some ways, it is much better than a rule book. Someone like me just wants a general idea about how the game plays, and that's good enough.

This is one less game I have to run for at GenCon, because it was an insta preorder for me. Amazing art, great designer, fun gameplay....now I'm guaranteed to come home with a copy day one. Can't beat that

Thanks for posting the link BTW!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Hello.
badge
Welcome to my secret message.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ordered! Looking forward to some sweet c-c-c-c-c-combos!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stacie Winters
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
golden_cow2 wrote:
JJWonderboy wrote:

How is it an insult for them to ask us to buy a game of theirs without them posting the rule book online? I could find this a more insulting comment that you actually expect them to post the rules online when they don't have to at all. Games have been sold for decades without the rules being readily available and just because we have the internet and some companies do post rules online that only means they do it because they want to, not because its some kind of standard/expectation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Seifert
United States
Little Canada
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MirrorsNight wrote:
Games have been sold for decades without the rules being readily available and just because we have the internet and some companies do post rules online that only means they do it because they want to, not because its some kind of standard/expectation.
Exactly, we do have the internet now. Unlike decades prior, it costs game publishers literally $0 to make their rules widely available. The only reason not to publish a rule book is either a) you're afraid people will construct a pnp copy of your game (not an issue here), or b) your game isn't even play-tested to the point where you've written down how to play. Maybe insulting was too strong (I'll reserve that for rule-less Kickstarters), but I at least think it's a dumb move. Buying a game without reading the rules is like buying a mystery box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Schomp
United States
Waxhaw
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
golden_cow2 wrote:
Buying a game without reading the rules is like buying a mystery box.

You have to remember, BGG'ers are still a small majority of the game buying public.

Believe it or not, some people actually walk into a Barnes & Noble, see a game on a shelf, read the synopsis on the back, and buy it based on the cool cover art.

Not wanting to release the rules before they're 100% polished could be conscious PR move. Or they just might not have gotten around to it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Renwick
United States
Medina
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
juanma99 wrote:
jflight1 wrote:

Jim

I believe the preorder is just meant for GenCon pickup only, so no need for a check box!

This is how I understood it as well.

Do you think we should just print out our receipt and bring it to their booth sometime on Thursday?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
spags
United States
Ill Mil
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you guys going to have a booth there? If so, PLEASE tell me I can buy/pre-order a copy of Stronghold: Undead from you there.

PLEASSSSSSSE.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Butterfield
United States
Jupiter
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When can we expect to purchase the game through retail stores in the U.S.?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignacy Trzewiczek
Poland
Gliwice
Slask
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Thank you for feedback.

2. Rules will be published in couple of days. Portal Games is established publisher with long history of good games (Stronghold, Neuroshima Hex, Robinson Crusoe and many more) and we do always publish rulebooks to the games along with Game Designers Journals and along with many free PDF materials to our games. Please, do not use words that may insult anyone. We are in games hobby, we are here to have fun not wars. The rulebook will be published soon, right after Games Designer Journal is over. As I mentioned we always do this and there is no need to attack us.

3. Yes, we have booth at Gen Con, but we will have no Undead We have only few copies left and they were no shipped with Imperial Settlers to Gen Con. But still spags, I hope you drop by to say 'Hello'!

4. Games should hit US stores two or three weeks after Gen Con.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ege Tunca
Turkey
istanbul
flag msg tools
Come to the dark side we got cookies.
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand the need for a rule book, and I don't think anybody meant to insult anyone...

Anyways. Will you be at Essen? And will the game be available there?

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignacy Trzewiczek
Poland
Gliwice
Slask
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep! Both, me and Imperial Settlers are going to Essen!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Star
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nrgSingMOK wrote:
Will the game ship to board game stores in Canada?

Also can't wait for this game in Toronto!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan
United Kingdom
Leamington Spa
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I would be interested to know why the rulebook hasn't been made public yet. Surely a suitable pdf must be available. Is it because you want to hold off until closer to Essen?

To me, relying on the Dice Tower video which - as much as I like watching their reviews - is mostly a sales pitch, is less that ideal. I'd much rather something impartial, such as the rules themselves, to form my own opinion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignacy Trzewiczek
Poland
Gliwice
Slask
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
trzewik wrote:

2. Rules will be published in couple of days. Portal Games is established publisher with long history of good games (Stronghold, Neuroshima Hex, Robinson Crusoe and many more) and we do always publish rulebooks to the games along with Game Designers Journals and along with many free PDF materials to our games. The rulebook will be published soon, right after Games Designer Journal is over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan
United Kingdom
Leamington Spa
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Thanks for the prompt reply, Ignacy. Looking forward to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignacy Trzewiczek
Poland
Gliwice
Slask
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I have one more article to explain how the game is constructed and why and then I am ready to publish video instruction and rulebook. Thank you for interest in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Lucero
United States
Centennial
CO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ignacy Trzewiczek + Portal Games + game description + board game reviews = all the info anyone should need. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Huizinga
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pre-ordered for Gencon pickup.

Sounds like it will be a great game. I am excited.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Eisbrenner
United States
Muskego
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pre-ordered for gen con. Thanks for making that possible. Any chance I can get my copied signed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.