Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Mackin
United Kingdom
Shipley
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Is the movement of the second car a bonus movement which still leaves the car available to activate in the current turn or does it also activate the second car? If it is a bonus movement can you use it on a car that has already activated?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Arctica' Gary
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes you can. I believe it even says this right on the card
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
Also the 3 moves happen whether there's wear on the second car or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Horger
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes the second car is not activated. It is a complete bonus of 3 movement points regardless of the wear accumulated on the second car.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mackin
United Kingdom
Shipley
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks guys. Hopefully get to play it on Thursday.

Fantastic looking game Jeff, my copy turned up in the UK last Thursday though I had to pay £20 of import tax to get it delivered. For that reason I normally wait for games to reach the UK but I pre-ordered this one from GMT as I didn't want to risk not getting a copy. I understand you are also planning an F1 version, which would be an auto-buy for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Horger
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Mark. Yes I am planning an F1 game and it is about 80% finished.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Milbourn
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
Just curious: It seems strange to me that Car A plays a Teamwork card and moves then his team mate, who is on the other side of the track and not even in the same draft line, moves.

I struggle with understanding the teamwork. How do others visualize the result of this card?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Schrieber
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The "teamwork" comes in to play if/when you play it on cars that you have that are joined up. This maximizes the use of the car, because at that point, you're effectively playing a Draft-7 card but taking no wear token.

You're correct--if you play it on non-joined cars, then "teamwork" doesn't seem to apply. I suppose you could consider, though, that a teammate just made it possible for you to advance 3 spaces, regardless of how that would apply in "real life" racing (perhaps they shared some information on tire wear, or something else that is fairly esoteric).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Chipman
United States
Zephyrhills
Florida
flag msg tools
Jeff Horger wrote:
Yes the second car is not activated. It is a complete bonus of 3 movement points regardless of the wear accumulated on the second car.

is the bonus 3 movement points or three spaces of movement? the card refers to spaces and not points, implying that lateral displacement penalties do not apply.

edit: nevermind, i see that this question was answered in another thread:

'Teamwork' card and the Speed Penalty.

and is also covered in the errata. "spaces" should be "movement points"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.