Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave, or "Phineas" or "Tolstoy" or,
United States
Mount Holly
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know the whole thing can be turned off. But how about a way to somehow edit it, either by the user or over all? I seem to remember that something changed over the years to prevent certain types of images from showing on the default front page, or showing for folks who are not users or not logged in, regardless of their Hotness. For whatever reason, that was changed.

At the risk of starting a war over "words," or antagonizing the publisher, in the Hotness module right now and for some time is something called F*** for Satan, which I personally have not clicked on so as not to fan its Hotness. Most threads with the extra-grown-up content and language and such, end up in RSP. I guess my just-my-opinion is, you can like "whatever that is" if you want, but does it really need to be emblazoned on the front page for anyone (users and visitors alike) to see?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mango Mover
United Kingdom
Cowes
Isle of Wight
flag msg tools
That's going to happen, I don't think.
badge
Will I shut the holy hell up?
mbmbmbmbmb
Hoya wrote:
At the risk of starting a war over "words," or antagonizing the publisher, in the Hotness module right now and for some time is something called F*** for Satan, which I personally have not clicked on so as not to fan its Hotness.

Strange. I don't see anything in the Hotness with that name or anything like it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
pricero1 wrote:
Strange. I don't see anything in the Hotness with that name or anything like it.

The OP is viewing the "Hotness" from the RPG tab/domain. The BG side censors titles, but the RPG side doesn't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave, or "Phineas" or "Tolstoy" or,
United States
Mount Holly
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! For some reason, I had no idea that there were three different hotness lists. I had assumed they were all the same. However, it does look like shutting off one, shuts all 3 (BGG, RPGG, VGG) off. I think.

EDIT: I guess I would have made my suggestion over at RPGG if I had know that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Old & Chaotic Evil Bob
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I'm not the Admin you are looking for
badge
O&CE Bob has Retired as a Geek Admin
mbmbmbmbmb
I altered the primary Item title
the Item was approved almost a year ago .. July 25, 2013

I assume it's on the hotness because it was mentioned on RPGG or somewhere on the web

*** a magnet for the curious

I may have approved a related Item in the past week that referenced the Item in the description
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Old & Chaotic Evil Bob
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I'm not the Admin you are looking for
badge
O&CE Bob has Retired as a Geek Admin
mbmbmbmbmb
it's now Number 3 on the RPGG Hotness
I will assume this thread has helped
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
stargate wrote:
I altered the primary Item title

I see that "Fork for Satan" is as popular as ever.

To the OP: Bob's theory is plausible. RPGG has low traffic relative to BGG. Sometimes scandalous titles show up in The Hotness and curious onlookers create a snowball effect. There are a couple of games that make me wince every time they show up in the list because of the impression they could leave on newbies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.