Steve Fliss
United States
Sterling
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Damn fine soldiers, Cottonbalers by God! -- US 7th Infantry Regiment
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any word on where the DDS project stands at the moment? Last KS update was dated 19 June.

Jeff, can we get an update before Historicon starts? Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Throknor
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bezmozgu wrote:
Is there any word on where the DDS project stands at the moment? Last KS update was dated 19 June.

Jeff, can we get an update before Historicon starts? Thanks

He's posted in the kickstarter comments that he's been finalizing the software for the figure production and therefore hasn't had time to do a full Update. I'm guessing so the next update can be "Production started!" and not "I'm writing an update instead of getting things done to get production started".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Wallace
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But the time it takes him to write "I'm working on production instead of an update--but I coukd write the update in programmer gibberish because I'm so smart" could have given us a meaningful update. Instead of flashy picture shows and "insight" into how clever it all is, I think folks would be happy with a simple status report.

"We are having problems cutting out the snazzy irregular soldier outlines--won't be shipping before mid August," would be something of actual value.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I found his status update valuable, because it let us know some of what is going on.

I also agree with you Bill, the time it takes to give status updates is very small. Instead of worrying so much about high production updates, communicating more often and about the things people care about is key.

Of course since everybody cares about something different, this is not as easy as it sounds. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Fliss
United States
Sterling
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Damn fine soldiers, Cottonbalers by God! -- US 7th Infantry Regiment
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff -- thanks very much for the KS update on DDS. I realize you are busy prepping for H-Con and moving the project forward. This only proves the class act that LBG is. I've always had only great service and communication with you and your folks. Have a great convention.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Wallace
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You needn't bother to thank Jeff here-- it's clear he never comes here any more.

By the way-- he posted on the DDS comments page 'news' that he is going to take part in playing SMG at the WBC convention.

It appears the only thing blocking him was being the GM, but now that Rob is doing it, Jeff will get into the player's seat and (his words) HAVE FUN!

Which is fine...I guess.

The possible conflicts and confusion about having the game designer-- with access to the game creation software-- playing in a competitive tournament boggle the mind. We already saw "supermen" accidentally get into general distribution. We saw what his personal British leader looked like...cripes! What if he wins? How does any player feel who loses to him?

And on top of that, what does this mean for D-Day Sgts?

We can't get a status update on delivery but he can PLAY in a tournament?

Bad, bad planning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
He might have been better served, as we all would be, if he concentrated on cleaning up the XTerrain rules...as well as addressing some of the other open issues. Just saw on another post that more XTerrain is planned for release...fix it first please.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
On the original topic, Update 22 says:
"...we expect to ship in September. I will know the target date next week after Becky completes the production planning."

(edit: moved the second half of the post to the other forum about JeffB playing his own game.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Azzam
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmb
Kickstarter Update #23
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1649576328/d-day-sergea...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Azzam
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmb
Full component video on Update #27

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1649576328/d-day-sergea...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.